Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Health Care Associate to join our Clinical Services team. Health Care Associates can be based out of our Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, or Brooklyn health centers.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Health Care Associate does:
- Works flexibly and cooperatively with the multidisciplinary team to provide and champion excellence in customer service
- Provides individual support and education to patients for all services
- Assists patients as needed with completion of medical/social history and enters information in health record
- Obtains required informed consent for medical services and clinical research
- Assists medical providers in the procedure/exam rooms with the provision of clinical services and surgical services
- Maintains an updated inventory of supplies needed for the daily provision of services
- Ensures procedure/exam rooms properly prepared, cleaned and stocked according to agency guidelines
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Medical Assistant certification or equivalent experience required
- 6 months to 1 year of related or applicable experience in a women’s health care setting preferred
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (desired, but not required)
- Knowledge of Medicaid screening (desired, but not required)
- Flexibility in work schedule strongly preferred
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Please specify which location/s you are interested in.