Part Time Contract
Details: Hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools is a network of public K through 5 charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship schools are located in San Jose, Milwaukee, Redwood City and Nashville but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
The Spanish-English Interpreter will work under the direct supervision of the ISE Director. The translator will be responsible for the verbal interpretation of education-related meetings for the Special Education Department.
Note: This is a part-time opportunity for contract based-work of approximately 4-12 hours per month during the 17-18 school year.
Duties will include, but not be limited to: complete verbal interpretation (English/Spanish) of IEP meetings and other related meetings at Rocketship Schools.
• Require proficiency in written and spoken English, and written and spoken Spanish, as well as a knowledge of education-related terms.
• Ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions.
• Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Candidate must have reliable transportation to all Rocketship Schools.
• Interpreter must be organized and timely, as meetings are time sensitive.
• Candidate must have a flexible schedule, with availability within the school day, as well as before and after school hours on an as needed basis. All meetings will be coordinated with advanced notice with Director of Special Education.
Hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To submit an online application, please go to the following link: http://www.rsed.org/applynow_nest.cfm
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required