200 Liberty Street
The Manager of Membership and Individual Giving’s primary responsibilities include supervising Membership staff and collaborating with the Director of Membership and Individual Giving to plan, develop and execute fundraising appeals and stewardship efforts that maintain and increase general operating support for the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
- Supervise Membership staff on site and in the office:
- Manage the training, scheduling and communication of sales
- goals at the Museum Membership Desk and Memorial Plaza
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed
- Manage Membership and Individual Giving appeals that work to acquire, retain and engage members and donors through direct mail, phone, and email communications.
- Coordinate with both direct mail and digital vendors to produce highly effective fundraising messaging.
- Maintain membership and donor records including processing new members and renewing memberships; ensure records are up-to-date and database is accurate
- Oversee the fulfillment of membership benefits and the calendar of communications with members and donors.
- Conduct Museum tours for Members and other VIPs when needed
- Work closely with other departments to ensure an overall strategically coordinated approach to fundraising.
- Assist other Institutional Advancement efforts, including working events on and off site such as the Benefit Dinner, 5K Run/Walk, Commemoration Ceremony, and Public Programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of customer service, hospitality or retail experience required.
- Must have experience with databases and general computer skills including MS Office, proficiency with POS systems (Galaxy Gateway) and donor CRM’s (Raisers Edge) is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a team required.
- Prior experience working in a membership environment is a plus.
- Point-of-sale experience, including handling credit cards and maintaining security of confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail is necessary, with strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, think proactively, creatively and independently; capable of listening to customers, identifying issues/problems and offering solutions.
- Reliable team player with a positive attitude and outgoing personality who is capable of successfully adapting to new challenges is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of a second language is helpful.
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends/holidays.
- Professional appearance required.
- Experience at a cultural or non-profit is a plus.
- This is a full-time position.
- We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please state the location where job posting was seen.
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.