The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Pennsylvania Chapter’s Development Team! This position will play an essential role in growing and managing a portfolio of major gift donors/prospects. The Major Gift Officer will develop effective multi-year strategies for these corporate, foundation and individual supporters. They are responsible for raising dollars to support key conservation in Pennsylvania; North America and global priorities; as well as securing new bequests.
We are looking for a capable individual to serve as the chapter fundraising lead for the Philadelphia Urban Conservation Program and will work closely with the urban team. The Urban Conservation Program works to improve the quality of life for residents in Philadelphia using nature-based solutions by reducing storm water runoff, reducing heat island effect, improving air quality and increasing access to nature for all residents in the city. Our work is done with environmental justice and social justice in mind.
· Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience or an equivalent combination.
· Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with funding constituents.
· Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $50,000 or more.
· Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
· Experience working with cross-functional teams, preferably in a large non-profit.
· Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
· Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46586 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST Monday, July 8th, 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.