15 Waterloo Avenue
B Lab’s vision is that one day all companies will compete to be the best for the world, creating a shared and durable prosperity for all. B Lab drives this systemic change by: 1) building a global community of Certified B Corporations who meet the highest standards of verified, overall social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose; 2) promoting meaningful engagement with the B Economy through use of Benefit Corporation Governance to align the interests of business with those of society and to help high impact businesses scale with integrity, and Impact Management tools that help businesses, investors, and institutions improve their ability to use business as a force for good.
For you, success in business is about more than profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively impacts society, community, and environment. You thrive on helping others reach their full potential through transformational learning and development opportunities. You're always excited to execute on events that support engagement and community amongst teams.
We have what you’re looking for. We’re B Lab, and we’re searching for you: our new Senior Associate - Employee Engagement and Development!
Who are we?
Business can be a force for good. B Lab is at the center of the movement to redefine success in business so that all companies compete not only to be the best in the world, but the best for the world. Leading social enterprises like Patagonia, Laureate, Ben & Jerry’s, Athleta and Danone North America (as well as New York companies like Bombas, Casper and Amalgamated Bank) are Certified B Corps, which is a designation B Lab created to measure and certify that businesses are making a positive impact across all their stakeholders.
As a key member of the People & Culture (HR) team, the Senior Associate, Employee Engagement & Development is responsible for developing, facilitating (with the potential of presenting) high quality training to B Lab team members. This person will administer organization wide training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. Additionally, this team member will assist and support the mission of the People & Culture team by supporting improved onboarding and orientation solutions to develop incoming B Lab team members as well as other culture projects and opportunities.
Core Job Functions:
Functional accountabilities and tasks for this role include:
- Assists with the development of training opportunities to B Lab staff to maximize their professional development
- Uses current systems to develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of training and professional development tactics and articulates guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters
- Monitors enrollment and attendance as well as processes and maintains documentation relating to personnel training activities
- Promotes, informs and influences attendance and maintains a detailed training calendar
- Collaborates with the B Lab Equity Diversity and Inclusion team to prioritize, promote and embrace diversity, inclusion and acceptance within all events and People & Culture driven activities, including employee trainings
Culture & Retention
- Manages the planning and execution of employee engagement events, including retreats and departmental off-sites, coordinating initiatives such as wellness programs, engagement events and communications, etc.
- Assists with the creation and implementation of employee recognition system
- Builds relationships with the broader B Lab community (B Corporations, global partners, champions, and funders) to grow the network of possible partners
Administration and Internal Communications
- Works with B Lab’s Marketing/Communication Team to communicate news, opportunities and growth to the dispersed workforce, coordinating internal communications, ie annual benefits open enrollment process
- Funnels employee/candidate/new hire HR related inquiries and questions to appropriate team members and provides service to employees seeking administrative changes and inquiries about benefits and other HR services
- Provides administrative support to the Team as needed (other duties as assigned)
- Contributes to the development of a highly successful, values driven, diverse workforce by supporting the talent acquisition process through managing/facilitating the onboarding process and evaluating the effectiveness and cohesion with B Lab values
- Works with the People & Culture team to maintain the schedule of career fairs, recruiting events and sponsorship opportunities that current employees can attend and contribute to with the goal of engaging the staff (creating internal brand ambassadors)
- Assists the Director of People & Culture with the development and continued growth and effectiveness of an Intern Training Program
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Passion for using business as a force for good, and supporting the B Lab team focused on this mission
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of related work experience
- Experience in a educational setting preferred (adult education a plus) Course creation experience a plus
- Technologically literate, proficient skill with web based applications and training software, HRIS systems (Namely), Slack, Google Suite etc.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as presentation skills (experience as presenter preferred)
- The ability to operate with confidentiality, diplomacy and tact
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to prioritize work and manage conflicting deadlines
- Ability to forecast workflow and plan accordingly
- Clear and direct written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on celebrating success and inclusion
- Willingness to collaborate with diverse stakeholders internally and externally to reach a common goals or understanding
Annual starting salary beginning at $45,000 to $52,000 (depending on experience) plus excellent benefits. In addition to your salary, you’ll also receive medical, vision and dental coverage; 40 hours paid time off for community service; paid parental leave; and professional development support after your first year of employment. In your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks of vacation. This role is located at B Lab's Headquarters in Berwyn, PA and reports to the Director of People & Culture. Approximately 25% travel is US travel expected.
- Medical & Dental Coverage
- 40 Hours of Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational and Professional Development Reimbursements
- Flexible Work Options
Cool Perks at B Lab
- Staff retreats and events
- Many lunches, team dinners and happy hours
- Kitchen stocked full with snacks
- Open and vibrant office space!
- A great feeling from working on products that have a huge impact
B Lab believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
B Lab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, B Lab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible, please contact us at email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply online at https://boards.greenhouse.io/blab/jobs/4113919002