1518 Walnut Street
The Marketing and Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of the marketing and communications of the organization to ensure brand awareness, and community stewardship. He/she will create and compose all marketing materials for TV, radio, newspaper, outdoor, including, but not limited to invitations, donor reports, brochures, proposal covers and design materials. He/she will establish a communications plan and support with Media outreach. She/he will be responsible for upgrading and maintaining the website, and all social media accounts of the organization, in conjunction with the Communications and Creative Design Manager. He/She will also assist with other written forms of communication including grant applications and reports in conjunction with the Executive Operations Officer and Chief Executive Officers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. On-going communication and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer(s) on the status of marketing & communications for special events/fundraisers, and all other resource projects that provides funds to the organization.
2. Creates and composes marketing and design materials to build the organization's brand awareness, depicting the theme Bold Change for Kids. Organizational marketing pieces include, but are not limited to:
b. Annual Reports
c. Program highlight single page brochures
d. Executive briefs
e. Website information/formatting
g. Campaign Materials
h. Press Releases
3. Accepts leadership role in all fundraising events
4. Supports E.O.O in composition of grants and reports
5. Plans, creates, and composes quarterly mail-out newsletter.
6. Develops, creates, updates monthly, and improves all website communications, Facebook, Twitter and e-news posts.
7. Develops, composes, and submits to all media organizations press releases, and informational data pertaining to Club programs, special events/fundraisers, promotions, new Board members, awards, and over-all building of the brand for the organization.
8. Develops an annual calendar and plan of scheduled marketing events within at least seven (7) months prior to event.
9. Develops and maintains creative and progressive ideas with each year's event to strategically build revenues by 5%-10%.
A. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Marketing/advertising, public relations, or fund development experience in an agency or non-profit organization
B. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong written, creative, and communication skills required
• Possess a thorough understanding of media, media planning, marketing, and resource data
• Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Design, Photoshop and Video Editing Software is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar software preferred
• Have an understanding of group dynamics and a proven capacity for facilitating group meetings for professionals and volunteers
• Possess a thorough understanding of youth, their needs, and have the ability to interpret those needs in effective Boys & Girls Club programs
• Must possess the ability to work independently and efficiently without direct supervision
• Must possess a strong familiarity with computers, including word processing and excel spreadsheets
Competitive Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required