1011 1st Avenue
The Strategic Program & Resource Developer will be responsible to develop initiatives and proposals that build upon the current range of Catholic Charities programs and services to attract additional resources necessary to more effectively address and advance the welfare and wellbeing of New Yorkers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an up-to-date knowledge of the range of programs and services delivered by the federation of Catholic Charities agencies
- Develop innovative initiatives and proposals building on the experience and expertise of Catholic Charities agencies and programs to attract additional resources to better meet the needs of New Yorkers.
- Develop proposals for attracting and utilizing private philanthropy to enhance the impact of government funded programs.
- Keep abreast of government funding streams and trends with focus on gaps in public funding needing additional private philanthropic resources.
- Development processes, protocols and systems for tracking and reporting on program deliverables and utilization of resources for founding sources and other stakeholders.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Position may have supervisory responsibility of administrative staff; subject to service area growth.
Working conditions and physical demands:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Travel at least 50% of the time to attend community meetings and events using public transportation or vehicle, traverse city streets, occasionally ascend/descend stairs, and be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Education, Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies:
- Masters in related field a plus
- Ten-years’ experience in health &human services, foundations, or corporate giving programs.
- Understanding both private and government funding sources
- Understanding health and human service programs and delivery systems
- Understanding data tracking and reporting systems
Minimum Education Required