132 East 78th Street
The Allen-Stevenson School seeks a full-time (12-month) Technical Support Specialist.
This position will report to the Director of Technology.
Start date is July 1, 2018 or earlier.
· Monitoring and responding to help desk inquiries andrequests.
· Providing on-site front line hardware and software support to the entire school community, which includes students, faculty andstaff.
· Troubleshooting individual Macintosh computers, iOS devices, printers, presentation hardware (Legamaster, Apple TV's, SMART Boards, projectors, etc.), and other miscellaneous technology-relatedequipment.
· Managing all printer and copier inventory including consumables/parts, replacements andordering.
· Troubleshooting user's Microsoft, Apple, cloud-based and other software applications employed by theSchool.
· Installing, configuring, and testing new hardware and software forlaptops, desktops, and iOSdevices.
· Assisting in the training of staff, administration, and faculty in the use of the School's hardware and softwareresources.
· Manage GSuite studentaccounts
· Following up, when appropriate, with problem logging, help materials distribution, problem dispatch, and problem escalation to the Director of Technology or the Help Desk Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter who enjoys being with children and has excellentpeopleskills. Additionally, he or she will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with Apple hardware and software,including iOS devices, as well as previous help desk experience. Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification is preferred but not required for consideration for this position. Must be able to achieve this certification within 3-6 months of being hired. Teaching experience is beneficial but not necessary.
The Allen-Stevenson School actively seeks to forward its diversity goals through its process of hiring faculty and staff.
Minimum Education Required