For the 2018-2019 school year, Upper Ninety seeks a dynamic and high-energy lead coach who wants to use soccer to give back to the local community. You will report directly to the Program Manager. This is a part-time position that requires 12-14 hours per week. Orientation begins August 27th, 2018.
- Manage a school-based Upper Ninety team consisting of up to 45 middle and high school students
- Develop weekly soccer training plans based on the pre-existing Upper Ninety curriculum
- Implement and run full after-school practices with the assistance of the Program Manager and the Semester Intern
- Oversee a dedicated intern and work with them to maintain team rosters, paperwork, & inventory of uniforms, equipment, etc.
- Attend 3-4 weekend events per season ranging from games to field trips to community meet-ups
- Support the Program Manager in the planning of Upper Ninety community events
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience coaching and playing soccer
- Interest in working with teenage students to improve their skills on and off the field
- A proactive and resourceful approach to training sessions that is both fun and welcoming to all training abilities
- Interest in being a positive role model for teenagers
$3000 per semester
Level of Language Proficiency
Many of the students and parents we work with speak Spanish, so bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Must be 18 years or older to apply. To apply, please email your resume and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org