SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
NMIC’s Data & Evaluation Manager will utilize data pulled from NMIC’s agency database, ClientTrack, and/or collected directly from program staff to provide mandated reporting information to agency funders and to assess and improve the outputs, outcomes, and impact of the work completed by NMIC staff members. Under the direction of the DED/COO (note: Deputy Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer is a single role; therefore, the Data & Evaluation Manager will report to one person) and with additional support from the Assistant Director for Operations & Evaluation, the Data & Evaluation Manager will manage agency reporting processes, maintain an updated inventory of reporting guidance, and provide training/technical assistance to agency reporting and program staff members. The Data & Evaluation Manager will work closely with the DED/COO and Data Systems Manager on ClientTrack to ensure it adheres to funder data collection requirements, provide training/technical assistance to NMIC staff members, and serve as a first point of contact for staff members experiencing issues or requesting changes. ClientTrack offers robust customization opportunities, so a focus of this role is to assess current functionality and improve alignment with reporting requirements and collection efficiency across all programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage agency reporting processes across all grants.
· Coordinate with program staff to develop, review, and submit complex reports to funders or subcontracting organizations (including directly producing select complex reports).
· Oversee and provide support to program reporting liaisons in developing and submitting routine reports to funders or subcontracting organizations (including providing coverage to submit reports when program staff are out of the office).
· Serve as agency point of contact for external ad-hoc reporting and data requests.
· Maintain an up-to-date repository of reporting guidance for all contracts.
· Compile data as requested by development and senior administrative staff; provide support to program administration staff for complex data needs.
· Serve as subject matter expert for external databases (e.g., DYCD Connect, PeerPlace, etc.), develop efficient data entry processes (proactively advocating for direct integration or template upload, whenever possible), and periodically assess data entry practices for accuracy, efficiency, and security.
Data Capture, Monitoring, & Evaluation
· Proactively identify data needs according to new or updated contracts/scopes of work and partner with the Data Systems Manager to integrate collection into existing workflows and systems.
· Review and manage workflows and data quality assessments in ClientTrack to ensure efficient, comprehensive, reliable, and valid data entry.
· Monitor data in ClientTrack and outside databases for sufficiency and accuracy.
· Support all staff in maintaining best practices for data security and confidentiality.
· Work closely with program reporting liaisons to ensure that inaccurate data are corrected, identify opportunities for additional skills building, and provide training/technical assistance for program staff.
· Lead periodic internal evaluation projects, with additional support from the DED/COO and Assistant Director for Operations & Evaluation, that assess the impact of NMIC’s work. The scope of these projects will vary; however, the Data & Evaluation Manager will play a key role in identifying project purpose and driving processes, with input and feedback from key administrative and program staff.
Program & Staff Engagement
· Explain data needs and trends in a clear and concise manner, explain the “why” behind those needs to program staff, and provide appropriate training and support to maximize staff ability and buy in to engage with data management.
· Participate in relevant unit, department, and agency meetings as requested.
· Identify and address opportunities to improve the staff experience with ClientTrack processes by requesting updates, providing additional targeted training or technical assistance, and/or developing alternative, innovative solutions.
Additional related responsibilities may be assigned.
· Relevant professional experience. Master’s degree in public administration/policy or another data-focused social science field, is preferred.
· Advanced understanding of Excel is required.
· Attentiveness toward detail and strict deadlines is required; proven experience working in a reporting context is preferred.
· Comfort dealing with uncertainty and the ability to proactively problem solve to meeting stakeholder needs.
· Experience with data system design and evaluation is a strong asset (preference will be given to applicants with experience in a social services setting).
· Track record of successful personnel coordination and engagement is strongly preferred.
· Strong organizational, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Team oriented approach.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
NMIC’s Data & Evaluation Manager will utilize data pulled from NMIC’s agency database, ClientTrack, and/or collected directly from program staff to provide mandated reporting information to agency…
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive generous benefits package: medical, dental, life, and disability insurance are included; paid time off, including 20 vacation days, 15 sick days, 5 personal days, and 12 agency holidays; a 401k with agency contribution; and other benefits.
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive generous benefits package: medical, dental, life, and disability insurance are…
HOW TO APPLY Please address all applications to Greg Bangser, Deputy Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer, with the job title in the subject line and include the following:
HOW TO APPLY Please address all applications to Greg Bangser, Deputy Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer, with the job title in the subject line and include the following…