95 Pine Street
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life.
From the very start, Success Academy’s progress has been fueled by the generosity of individual and institutional philanthropists—a strong community of supporters determined to reverse the shameful national inequities in educational opportunity. While financial sustainability has always been our goal, funding from individuals, foundations, corporations, and competitive government grants has been critically important for start-up of new schools, new scholar programs, and reform efforts that are crucial to our scaling, the development of intellectual property and innovative tools and programs without which our success would not be possible. We now need a results-driven Manager of Individual Giving to join our Advancement team.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Individual Giving, he Manager of Individual Giving will foster philanthropic support from individual donors and to deepen their understanding of, and engagement with, our organization and our mission.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors, and provide support with individual donor portfolios on behalf of senior leadership;
- Plan and lead school tours for current and prospective donors;
- Utilize research and organizational history to craft results-driven cultivation strategies and donor briefings;
- Work closely with frontline donor engagement team to develop individualized stewardship plans;
- Work with colleagues to develop and execute fundraising strategy for the Spring Benefit, the organization’s largest annual fundraising event;
- Work with colleagues to oversee the Leadership Council and Young Professionals;
- Support special projects including Success Academy’s Alumni Association;
- Input, track and manage individual donor activity in Raiser’s Edge.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in development, fundraising, or related field;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of donor cultivation and stewardship, fundraising and customer service;
- Has excellent interpersonal skills with experience creating thoughtful development strategies tailored to a variety of audiences;
- Can initiate, plan and execute projects from beginning to end with flawless attention to detail;
- Proficiency in working with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Is a confident, poised and goal-oriented leader;
- Mission-driven individual with a commitment to educational access and equity for all children.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.