Details: This is a 30 hour per week evening position, paying $16.25 per hour.
6532 Phinney Avenue North
The PNA Evening Administrative Assistant greets customers, receives and responds to phone calls and emails, and provides general information about the PNA to the public. She/he provides administrative support to staff, and closes the Phinney Center buildings in the evenings. Hours are 4:15-10:15 pm, Monday through Friday. This position reports to the Associate Director.
About the Phinney Neighborhood Association
The mission of the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is to build, engage, and support our diverse community through programs, services, and activities that connect neighbors and foster civic engagement.
Headquartered in a former elementary school, the PNA has developed an active community center that not only serves as a focus of the Phinney/Greenwood neighborhood, but offers programs and activities that reach far beyond the immediate neighborhood, at five different sites in Phinney, Greenwood, and Ballard. Current programs include four preschool cooperatives, a licensed preschool and school age program at Whittier Elementary, a hot meal program, programs for seniors, including the Greenwood Senior Center, PNA Village, a Community Technology Center, an art gallery, a tool lending library, a community education program, a business membership program, family memberships, room rentals, and countless special events that bring friends and neighbors together. We co-sponsor a summer farmers market and weekly contra dancing and folk music concerts. PNA serves over 25,000 people each year, has 85 staff, 1,700 volunteers, and an annual budget of $3 million.
- Greet community members, receive and respond to phone calls and emails, and provide general information about the PNA to the public
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Respond to inquiries about events, current classes, and programs, and assist with scheduling and class registration
- Process payments for classes, membership, events, and donations
- Work with volunteers as needed
- Respond to inquiries regarding hourly rental space, schedule any last-minute room rentals, collect and record payments
- Prepare rooms for instructors and PNA programs, opening on time and locking after the event
- Close the buildings at the end of the day, including walking between buildings and locking classrooms and outer doors
- Communicate with administrative staff any concerns regarding renters or the condition of the buildings
- Two or more years of receptionist or administrative assistant experience with a strong customer service background
- Willingness to lock buildings at night, walking both the interiors and exteriors
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment to make decisions as necessary
- High level of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Team-orientation and appreciation for community-building mission of the PNA
- Experience working in a community center or nonprofit setting preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service, both internally and with community members
- Position requires occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds, including room set-up and take down, and ability to climb stairs and walk between buildings on Phinney Center campus
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Current First Aid/CPR training (provided by PNA if you do not have the training)
We offer a convivial, positive, and flexible working environment. The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally-diverse work place. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve-New Year’s Day off; and paid holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required