420 Lexington Avenue
Location: NY, NY
Classification: Non-exempt, full-time
Reporting To: Assistant Director of Program
ABOUT THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
The Resolution Project (“Resolution”) is a unique pathway to action for aspiring young leaders committed to changing the world. Resolution identifies and empowers undergraduate students across the globe who wish to launch new social ventures supported by Resolution’s international network of resources. More than 380 Resolution Fellows, in 70 countries and on all six inhabited continents (including across the United States), are working in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, equality and empowerment, health and wellness, and humanitarian relief. Supporting our Fellows are over 500 volunteers, a dedicated staff, and dozens of partners from both the public and private sectors. We are now seeking an exceptional intern to join our growing team!
The Program Coordinator will join a high performing team to help ensure Resolution’s achievement of key programmatic objectives. The candidate must be able to contribute to the innovative growth of Resolution and help manage key projects and processes, but also accomplish necessary administrative tasks efficiently. Working closely with existing program staff, the Program Coordinator will take on key responsibilities in implementing Resolution’s programming. They will work on important projects and processes, such as recruitment and support of critical volunteers, Social Venture Challenge (“SVC”) planning and implementation and onboarding of provisional Resolution Fellows. The candidate must have a flexible schedule, be prepared to join meetings and conference calls earlier and later than regular business hours – including some weekends – and be willing to travel.
Work collaboratively with current professional staff, assistant director of programs, and volunteers to support programmatic goals and organizational growth as follows:
- Recruit and interview volunteer mentors, called Resolution Guides, to serve as advisors and champions for Resolution Fellows on building their leadership and reaching their social venture, personal and professional leadership goals.
- Organize and attend events, to share information about the Guide role with potential candidates.
- Track and support Guide candidates through their application and onboarding process, ensuring they have the information they need to be successful.
- Regularly analyze program data to inform and improve programming.
Volunteer and Fellow Support
- Work closely with provisional Resolution Fellows who are selected at the SVCs to complete our due diligence process (onboarding).
- Assist with mentor matching process for recently onboarded Fellows and coordinate Fellows’ initial call with their new mentors (Resolution Guides).
- Work with other program team members to troubleshoot challenges and share successes of Resolution Guides and their Fellows.
- Work with team to ensure effective data management and analysis, including entering Fellow, volunteer and other program data into a Salesforce database and generating reports.
- Help coordinate the disbursement of funds to Fellows.
- Organize and help lead community-building events.
Social Venture Challenges
- Help manage all aspects of the Resolution Social Venture Challenges (SVC), the competitions where Resolution Fellows are selected, held at host conferences around the world.
- Attend multiple SVCs annually, supporting and/or managing pre-event and on-site logistics.
- Two years of work or strong internship experience.
- Flexibility in supporting other staff members as needed.
- Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow through.
- High level of professionalism with great interpersonal skills to work closely with staff and volunteer leadership, as well as external partners.
- Ability to work with a small and entrepreneurial professional staff; flexibility in supporting other staff and volunteer team members and other functions as needed.
- Ability to handle sensitive information about team members, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting high quality work standards.
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others.
- Team-player attitude. We are a small group with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ culture, so we are looking for someone who is excited about lending a hand.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Application Suites with high level of general computer competency.
- Familiarity/experience with Salesforce or other CRM, and/or Drupal, a plus.
- Familiarity/experience with social media channels preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Passionate about young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, a sense of optimism and enthusiasm, and dedication to collaboration.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter (including required salary range) and resume to email@example.com. You must include “Program Coordinator” as the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes, please.
The Resolution Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs.