Details: Commensurate with Experience
Working for CSH:
If you have a desire to make a difference for people and families we have a place for you. Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and does change the lives of individuals facing acute disabilities, complex medical and mental conditions, substance use disorders and economic barriers, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for an Asset Manager to support our New Market Tax Credit Program.
The Corporation for Supportive Housing is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual. The Asset Manager will ensure compliance with the CDFI Fund’s requirements for the New Market Tax Credit Program. Working with our Loan Portfolio Team, this position is located in CSH’s New York Office.
Key Responsibility Areas Include:
· Ensure program compliance: Collection and review of community impact reporting into CIIS, the annual Community Benefit (CBA) report from QALICBs and the asset management report regarding closed projects for the NMTC Advisory Board, Internal Management and the Board of Directors.
· Ensure project milestones and budget are as underwritten through review of periodic reporting from QALICBs (i.e. monthly draws, quarterly financials) and coordination with the NMTC team, investors and other sub-CDEs as needed on issues relating to compliance.
· Assist with the organization’s NMTC application and in finalizing related allocation agreements.
· Assist with project closings, reviewing the project financial model and key legal documents related to loan servicing, compliance/reporting, and disbursement processes for accuracy; coordinate with Finance to establish and manage sub-CDE general ledgers and bank accounts; and work with external auditors and tax accounts to ensure program compliance at closing.
· Service NMTC Loans, including loan data management, interest, fee and tax payments, and construction draw reviews and approval.
· Prepare all required accounting and financial reporting; coordinate and prepare work papers for annual financial audits, tax department and annual tax filings; and oversee investor reporting.
· Creatively support the NMTC program by identifying solutions, offer ideas for improved systems, assist in the preparation of program budget and expenses, and complete special projects as needed and assigned.
· Successful candidates will be adaptive, entrepreneurial problem solvers with a demonstrated commitment to social justice. CSH seeks candidates driven by strategic thinking, executed with creativity and flexibility, and with an ability to adapt approach, strategy, and tactics rapidly in response to changing information or program needs. It is important to help articulate and strategically pursue new visions and ideas for supportive housing and the role it can play in solving complex problems.
· 3-years minimum experience in asset/portfolio management, project development, and/or non-profit lending. Experience in loan servicing and/or compliance a plus.
· Past experience in reading legal documents and managing compliance and community impact reporting related to public funding sources is desired. Familiarity with community and economic development programs is a plus. Prior experience with New Market Tax Credits is a plus, but not required.
· Candidates must be organized, analytic, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with numbers/data. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed with an aptitude for managing multiple assignments and meeting deadlines.
· CSH uses Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook) so a mastery of these products is required.
· Prior experience with loan servicing and monitoring software is preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of education and experience.
CSH staff are mission driven, we take initiative, pursue goals with minimal supervision and are adept at managing multiple assignments effectively.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it always has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer.