PL+US is a bold advocacy organization with a single mission: win paid family leave for everyone in the United States. Our strategy layers public advocacy and accountability campaigns with state-of-the-art communications and digital grassroots engagement to win ambitious solutions for working people in the United States.
We are looking for a stellar campaigner who is driven by our mission to be a core part of a small and mighty team that is running - and winning - campaigns that make it possible for millions of people to take time to be with their families when they need it most. You will be involved in every aspect of campaigning - from research to campaign development, launch and escalation. You’ll work closely with our team of experienced campaigns and communications strategists, as well as with the people most directly impacted by the lack of paid leave in this country.
About our ideal candidate:
- You’re passionate about social change and grassroots organizing.
- You’re a great writer and communicator.
- You love social media and can help us create interesting conversations about paid family leave online.
- You’re an excellent researcher. You can use a variety of resources and methods to research information needed to build strong campaigns.
- You love working with people. You are excited to connect to people who do not have access to the paid family leave that they need, and work with them to tell their stories to the world.
- You’re meticulous with high attention to detail and accuracy. You can work quickly and efficiently to meet the digital engagement and campaigning goals of our organization. You are excellent at managing your time across multiple tasks and projects.
- You have a deep commitment to equity and inclusion. You understand why it’s problematic that companies offer men less paid leave than women. You get why the fact that FMLA doesn’t apply to siblings and grandparents can especially hurt communities of color. When you hear “family leave for everyone in the United States,” you understand the deep community engagement and fundamental issue re-centering necessary to achieve that goal. You have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and anti-oppression.
- You’re experienced and successful in a startup environment. You’re excited about partnering deeply with a small team to create something new, and you love the rapid learning and growth that happens in a startup environment. You know how to build efficient and lasting systems.
- You’re kind, to others and to yourself. We’re building a team that’s smart, fun, fast, supportive, passionate, and collaborative. That starts with people who are truly delighted and challenged by the work, and know how to bring their best selves to it every day.
- Support hero storytellers - Find and vet hero storytellers - work directly with partners, search comments on petitions and FB, follow up with people who answer ads
- Track lists of hero storytellers, maintain contact and relationships
- Write campaign emails and supporting social media text
- Promote campaign content on social media and across platforms
- Engage with employees and advocates across platforms and social media
- Create campaign content - Write and post campaign petitions across platforms
- Digital Admin - update PL+US webpage and microsites as needed
- Fill in support for posting petitions to Action Network and loading and sending campaign emails
- Campaign background + research - research for campaigns when needed
Nuts and bolts:
Application Deadline: Apply Now. Rolling Applications until position is filled with first interviews in January.
Start Date: February 2018
Location: San Francisco or Remote (San Francisco Bay Area, Washington DC or Los Angeles preferred)
Terms: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position with a salary range of $68K - $75K annually. Our generous benefits include unlimited vacation and sick time, and up to 6 months of paid parental leave.
People of color, queer, transgender, gender nonconforming people and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Does this sound like you? Apply through Recruiterbox
Our generous benefits include unlimited vacation and sick time, and up to 6 months of paid parental leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required