307 West 36th Street
NHSNYC is a nonprofit corporation working to revitalize underserved neighborhoods by providing loans, homeownership counseling and education, and financial and technical assistance to people seeking to purchase or rehabilitate properties in those communities. We are seeking a Loan Processor to assume responsibility for processing all loan files originated by NHSNYC loan officers. The types of loans range from first mortgages to rehabilitation loans to down payment assistance loans and grants. The work includes legal compliance, quality assurance and quality control of all loans processed.
- Processes and completes loan files for underwriting assuring the accuracy and completeness of all files. Works with loan officers and underwriters to expedite the path to closings.
- Prepares and coordinates all supporting documentation for each loan, i.e., complete application, debt-to-income calculation, credit report, proof of income, title, and all other items necessary for closing. Reviews and evaluates client documents and clears all approval conditions.
- Coordinates all activity related to loan processing, which includes obtaining verifications, appraisals, title searches, work scopes, and counseling certificates. Communicates with borrowers, loan officers and lenders regarding required information and status of loan file.
- Works with loan production reports and monitors progress of collection of material needed for closing. Process and tracks loans from the beginning through the closing with the Encompass loan Origination Software and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ensures legal compliance of all loans, including TILA and RESPA requirements, and assures quality of loan submissions to investors in accordance with guidelines.
- Such other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by management.
- College degree or comparable Accounting or Business Certificate preferred. Three to five (3-5) years’ experience processing residential loans.
- Detail oriented and excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be well-spoken with excellent people skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and Mortgage Loan Origination software (Encompass).
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations and the ability to solve problems and resolve issues independently.
- Possess an understanding of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines and be able to understand different product guidelines, including rehabilitation loans and grants
Salary Position with Benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required