Details: Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
31 John Clarke Rd.
THE DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Director will provide vision and leadership to maintain and grow Sandpiper’s Child Care/Early Learning Center, a BrightStar accredited program. Child & Family Services of Newport County is looking for an experienced early childhood educator, advocate, and strategist fully knowledgeable of the work at federal, state and local levels. Reporting to the Vice President for Community Based Programs, the Director will oversee a team of educators, Child Care Center and also work collaboratively with colleagues in other programs at the Agency.
The Director’s specific responsibilities include:
- Represents Sandpipers with lawmakers at the state and local level, with press in press interviews, at public events, conferences and meetings, and at funder meetings;
- Provide direction and track key legislative initiatives and policy trends at the federal, state, and local levels, ensuring that Sandpipers has a prominent voice in relevant policy discussions at all three levels and working with federal legislative staff on appropriations and authorization issues;
- Directly supervise Sandpipers team;
- In partnership with the Agency’s leadership and fund development staff, undertake strategies to expand funding resources for the Sandpipers portfolio, to cultivate, solicit, and steward existing funders.
The Child & Family seeks a Director candidate with:
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in early learning and child care working with evidence based curriculum, child development experience, and demonstrated success working RIELDS, policy formulation, and analysis. A master’s degree in education with a concentration in early childhood education is highly desirable;
- Deep working knowledge of key federal legislation and regulations, legislative processes, and state policies that relate to child care/early learning;
- Superior oral and written communications skills, including the ability to explain Sandpiper’s work in compelling terms and to communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively, and experience as a spokesperson with a range of constituents, including media;
- Successful fundraising experience strongly preferred, including developing and framing projects to appeal to a broad range of potential supporters;
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with careful attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to manage multi-faceted projects and perform well independently with grace under pressure in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment;
- A collaborative and collegial approach, and an ability and desire to work in a diverse and team-based environment, an orientation to the work that recognizes and values the contributions of all team members, and demonstrated success applying an equity lens to leadership and management;
- A high degree of self-motivation and an entrepreneurial ability to identify and seize opportunities; and
- Demonstrated ability to influence and engage diverse audiences and to build long-term collaborative relationships with key organizational and individual partners.
We are searching for enthusiastic, hard-working candidates to share in our success. If you are interested in working in an entrepreneurial atmosphere where employees are encouraged to share their ideas and maximize their potential, apply today and become a member of our family! A complete job description can be made available at request, please e-mail to: email@example.com
Child & Family Services of Newport County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities, women, men, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and LGBTQI individuals.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Gold Level Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
Discounted child care
Generous paid time off
Life insurance/Disability benefits/ Health and wellness programs
401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please forward a resume, as well as a substantive cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications to include early childhood education teacher certification and RI EEC Director Licensure via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.