1424 K Street NW, Suite 700
Partners of the Americas is an international grassroots organization that connects individuals and organizations to serve and change lives through lasting partnerships in the Western Hemisphere. The Assistant Director for Economic Development and Health will manage and backstop a portfolio of USAID-funded programs that provide technical assistance to agricultural producers, organizations, and agribusinesses, and support nutrition and food security in Latin America and the Caribbean. This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office with occasional travel. The Assistant Director/Director, Economic Development & Heath will report to the Senior Director, Economic Development & Heath.
The Assistant Director/Director, functions include
- Directly supervise HQ and field staff
- Lead start-up and closeout procedures for field offices;
- Monitor projects to ensure contractual and financial compliance, as well as achievement of project deliverables and impact;
- Monitor field office budgets and financial reporting and conduct random spot checks and audits.
- Manage sub-contractor contractual and technical deliverables;
- Deliver in-person trainings and webinars to staff, partners, and subaward organizations;
- Maintain electronic filing system of all program documentation, stakeholder contacts and key deliverables;
- Prepare or review project documentation and reports that requires home office and/or USAID approval;
- Design/alter and implement systems and procedures for efficient and effective internal controls;
- Assist with new business development opportunities; and
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in international development or a related field;
- 5+ years of experience working in grants management, particularly federally funded programs;
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal rules and regulations as it pertains to cooperative agreements;
- Experience evaluating and improving systems and procedure to foster strong internal controls;
- Experience with data management;
- Strong oral and writing skills in English (required) and Spanish (preferred).
- Strong problem solving ability, outstanding interpersonal skills, and high energy and enthusiasm.
- Strong cross-cultural communication and sensitivity skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral).
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Significant experience developing and overseeing budgets.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; additional duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Moscarelli, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that only finalists will be contacted.