Details: Entry Level/ Commensurate with Experience
975 F Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The DC Arts and Humanities Education Collaborative believes that the arts and humanities are central to the education of every student. A community-based partnership organization now more than 100 members strong, the DC Collaborative works to advance access to high-quality arts and humanities education experiences for all DC public and public charter schools. Working with our partners, the DC Collaborative produces such exemplary programs as Arts and Humanities for Every Student and Professional Development initiatives.
Starting June 15, 2018- June 30, 2019 the DC Collaborative has a part-time Programs Assistant opportunity available. The Programs Assistant will work closely with the Program Manager and DC Collaborative team to coordinate logistics for the Arts and Humanities for Every Student (AHFES) and Professional Development (PD) programs and develops content in our monthly newsletters, other e-updates and social media marketing. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
Arts and Humanities for Every Student (AHFES) and Professional Development (PD) Programs (90%)
- School Outreach/Communications and Registration Management
- Distribute and track receipt of School Partnership Agreements and onboarding/ orienting new schools throughout the year
- Conduct outreach to schools and assist with the online lottery to schedule trips in an equitable manner amongst all school partners and cultural institution members
- Completes additional outreach targeting high schools and schools in wards 7 & 8, along with others in greatest need across the District
- Update program content in the AHFES Online Catalogue and cultural institution feature pages
- Coordinate with teachers and organization contacts to ensure timely/accurate registrations and other communications regarding field-trips and professional development workshops
- Assist with online registration and database maintenance for the AHFES program
- Assist with managing city-wide arts and humanities related contests and other community initiatives
- Program Assessment
- Compile and analyze program and survey reports
- Distribute and track receipt of post-trip surveys to AHFES providers, students and teachers
- Attend field-trips to assist Programming Committee with observations/quality review as well as generate social media and Story Bank Blog content
- Assist Program Manager in coordinating transportation for AHFES field-trips
- Act as main point of contact for day of transportation and venue logistics
- Contributes to the compilation and dissemination of the monthly Teacher/Key Communicator Newsletters and other e-communications
- Develop content for the StoryBank Blog, social media marketing, miscellaneous marketing materials and other collateral
Other duties as assigned.
Status: Part-time non-permanent opportunity, June 15, 2018 - June 30, 2019. Extension possible if funding is available.
Hours: Monday-Friday; up to 35 hours per week;
Compensation: Entry Level/ Commensurate with Experience
Level of Language Proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to focus in an open-office setting
- Ability to work on multiple and concurrent projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, G-suite, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in an arts administration, museum studies, business or comparable field
- Prior experience in a non-profit arts or humanities setting
- Prior experience with DC Public and Public Charter Schools
- Working knowledge of HTML and website applications
- Pursuing a graduate degree in an arts administration, museum studies, business or comparable field
The DC Collaborative is an E.O.E. and values diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Programs Assistant Application” in the subject line of your email.