270 East Second Street
BFL Apartments (BFLA) is a supportive housing program. BFLA offers services to vulnerable and needy populations with disabilities who are survivors of domestic violence, specifically, homeless disabled adults and disabled veterans and for families who have a head of household with a disabling medical condition. BFLA program is physically designed and equipped to serve people with physical disabilities. This program’s facility is located in the South Bronx. There are two buildings: a 70-unit studio apartment building for adult singles and a 50-unit apartment building for families. BFLA’s supportive housing program is located on Cypress Avenue and East 138th-139th Streets.
The Director of Social Services will be responsible for the operation of BFLA Program Singles Unit (70 studios) and the Family Unit (19 one-bedroom and 31 two-bedroom apartments), overseeing all aspects of clinical and supportive programming for the supportive housing program.
- Provide supervision to social workers, case managers and MSW interns, Resident Aides and Child Care workers
- Organize and facilitate clinical meetings and oversee meetings with residents
- Interface with Occupational Therapist, Psychiatrist and Nurse
- Ensure that quarterly reports are prepared in timely manner for DOHMH
- Maintain schedule of clinical staff, including on-call rotation
- Perform crisis intervention with staff & residents as needed
- Coordinate services with other members of multidisciplinary team
- Monitor case records, including progress notes and treatment plans
- Administrative duties
- Alternate on-call responsibility
- In the absence of the Program Director, responsible for oversight of the program
- MSW degree
- Minimum 5 years of post Masters experience, preferably working with victims of domestic violence and/or people with disabilities or equivalent experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Ability to supervise MSW students (SIFI certification)
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Open to working with diverse populations
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- ASL proficiency a plus
Start Date: ASAP
Annual Salary: Based on experience + Benefit Package*
Hours per week: 35:00 – Monday through Friday
- *Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays and more.
*Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays and more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual - English/Spanish
Minimum Education Required