The American College of Physicians (ACP), a prestigious medical membership association for doctors of internal medicine located in Philadelphia, is seeking an experienced Public Relations & Social Media Associate to develop and execute strategies across social media platforms that will raise awareness of ACP programs and initiatives and support the organization’s strategic plan.
Reporting to ACP’s Media Relations Manager, this individual will work with management on integrated social media and traditional media campaigns that support strategic priorities and business objectives, including building relationships and driving engagement and action with key membership audiences and other stakeholders. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging on social media platforms with target audiences to support strategic priorities and business objectives
- Updating sites regularly and consistently through content curation and production
- Real-time monitoring of reactions / comments and responding as needed
- Tracking and assessing the effectiveness of campaigns through gathering data / metrics and providing analysis
- Coordinating with cross-divisional teams to execute campaigns across various platforms and working with team members to ensure consistent messaging and branding
- Serving as primary backup for ACP media relations efforts to include developing materials and promotional content, disseminating to the news media, and responding to media requests
- Monitoring social media trends, tools, and applications and making recommendations to enhance social media efforts
- Providing support for public relations, member communications, and web communications activities as directed, including writing and editing as needed
- Producing video and other multimedia content for social media and other platforms, including concept and visuals development, editing, and final production
Qualified candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- At least 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience working with various social media platforms in a team-based environment to meet business objectives
- Thorough knowledge of online and traditional news, technology, and social media trends and tools, as well as how to maintain and grow a social media presence across an array of networks
- Strong organizational and time management skills and be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to analyze data from social media management tools to inform future activity
- Experience with paid social media campaigns, video, and multimedia production and editing is a plus
To find out more about ACP go to: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/. Please include two writing samples with your resume and cover letter.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.