Details: SALARY AND BENEFITS: Starting salary is based on a scale set by a democratically-elected personnel committee and will depend on factors such as experience and education.
301 Grove Street
Make the Road New York is seeking for a self-motivated and experienced bilingual (Spanish & English) Part-Time Human Resources Associate. The position will be based in our Brooklyn, NY office. Continue reading all the details of the position, here below.
Make the Road New York builds the power of Latino and working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through organizing, policy innovation, transformative education, and survival services. Make the Road NY operates neighborhood-based community centers in Bushwick, Brooklyn; Jackson Heights, Queens; Port Richmond, Staten Island, Brentwood, Long Island and White Plains, Westchester. With a membership of more than 22,000 low-income New Yorkers, Make the Road tackles the critical issues facing our community: workplace justice, tenants’ rights, immigrant rights, language-access, LGBTQ justice, public education, health care access, and immigration reform.
Our Human Resources Department offers a full umbrella of HR services to the more than 200 employees that is designated across the 6 offices in NYC and those in at least 3 other states within the USA. Our commitment is to make employees feels that they are our main priority, excellence customer service is essential. Our departmental slogan is “Each Employee’s Journey Matter” we seek to showcase this throughout all the duties we execute on a daily basis.
Make the Road New York is currently seeking for a self-motivated an experienced bilingual (Spanish & English) Part-Time Human Resources Associate with more than 3 years of experience on human resources and benefit support. Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, the Part-Time Human Resources Associate will provide support with all administrative aspects of the department. The HR Associate will serve as a backup to the HR Operations Manager in some areas of the department.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resources department.
- Compile and update employees’ files (hard and soft)
- Creating new hire profile in the ADP, HRC and other systems as needed
- Complete background checks
- Coordinates all on-boarding meetings
- Responsible for posting all job ads and for keeping track of the posting until hire is complete
- Coordinate that relevant postings are included on our web-site.
- Responsible for maintaining various HR calendars
- In collaboration with the HR Director, is responsible for keeping salary spreadsheet up to date
- Handle Pay Rate Acknowledgment Notices (WTPAs)
- Assist with EE files – audit prep
- Responsible for gathering documentation needed for insurance renewals
- Responsible for ordering mandated labor law posters and manage the logistic until each office receives its copy.
- Back up to the HR Operations Manager on benefit management
- n collaboration with the HR Operations Managers coordinate open enrollments
- In collaboration with the HR Director, is responsible for setting up evaluation reports including but not limited to 360s, supervisor’s evaluation reports and, evaluation tracking report.
- Manage timesheets when an employee is on leave
- Order business cards for employees
- Order monthly snacks for the offices in alignment with Employee Appreciation Program
- Collaborate with HR Operations Manager on Employee Appreciation Program
- In coordination with Director of Human Resources and Office Managers execute the logistic for staff outings/events
- In collaboration with HR Director, run monthly reports.
- In collaboration with HR Director, prep. for meetings: PC meetings, Supervisor’s meetings, General Staff meeting, etc.
- Create Salesforce profile for new hire
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible experience in HR and benefit support.
- Knowledge on labor laws related to FLMA, NYPFL; ADA; ACA; DOME; COBRA is a plus
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to last minute changes
- Comfortable in a fast pace environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce database
- Strong time management skills
- Mid-level to advance knowledge and understanding of employee benefits administration.
- Demonstrated commitment to a service oriented approach.
- Strong analytical skills with experience analyzing data that drive decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently establish plans and successfully execute multiple assignments with conflicting priorities and concurrent deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and collaboratively with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
• Non-profit industry experience.
MRNY is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse staff. Women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities and people of color strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, disability or marital status.
MRNY offers an excellent benefit package including health insurance, 401K, and generous paid vacation, sick, personal days.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to HR Director, Fathima P. Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must include the answer to the following 2 questions
1. How do you showcase your customer service skills in the HR field?
2. Name 3 areas that are essential for you to succeed in your role, include why each of these areas help you in your professional journey.
All documents must be in Microsoft Word or PDF.