Details: Salary commensurate with experience
150 Motor Parkway
The Suffolk County Dental Society, the local component of the American Dental Association and the NY State Dental Association is looking for a new Executive Director. The Society represents approximately 1000 dentists, about 70% of the licensed dentists in the county. Suffolk County is located in the eastern 2/3rds of Long Island and is the home to the Hamptons, Fire Island, dozens of vineyards, miles of sandy beaches and is in close proximity to New York City.
This position is task-oriented and requires someone who has excellent time management skills, is mission-driven and has a strong self-directed personality. He/she will be responsible to the officers and Board of Directors to ensure the day-to-day operations of the Society, including various educational programs and social events throughout the year. He/she will need to be capable of multi-tasking and problem-solving. A varied skill set including excellent communication, dealing with budgets and finances, as well as strong organizational skills are required. Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Executive Director will serve as the chief executive officer for the Society. In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director has overall responsibility to identify and implement the programs, services and policies of the Society in response to direction from the standing committees. The Executive Director will also address the diverse and changing needs of the membership. His/her philosophy will be to maintain a future-oriented approach to management that anticipates the direction of the profession while promoting the image of dentistry to the general public.
Specific duties include:
- Supporting all Dental Society Committees, general membership meetings, courses and special events;
- Working on the policy initiatives of the Dental Society;
- Management of current Dental Society Staff member;
- Assuring the preparation, maintenance and reporting of the annual operating and capital budgets for the Dental Society;
- Strong leadership skills in people and project management, including motivation, innovation, timeliness and compassion—especially with volunteers;
- Written and oral communication ability;
- Exceptional organizational abilities;
- Fiscal management including budgeting; grant management and reporting (knowledge of basic accounting with familiarity with Quick Books is a plus);
- marketing, membership engagement; prior event planning and execution experience;
- College degree or higher;
- High level of energy and enthusiasm for the job.
Competitive salary DOE, medical and disability insurance, qualified retirement plan, professional dues, work-related travel expenses & education allowance.
Headquartered in Hauppauge, in Eastern Long Island, NY, the Society holds many of its meetings at its offices. The Society has 1,000+ member dentists in Suffolk County and is part of the tripartite membership with the NY State Dental Association and the American Dental Association. The position is open due to the retirement of the current Executive Director after 7 years of service. The Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment start date is to be negotiated. Mail letter of interest, resume and salary requirements by March 31, 2018 to confidential mailbox email@example.com.
Health & disability insurance
Work-related travel expenses
Minimum Education Required