Details: Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Founded in 1977, the Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) promotes equitable development and equal opportunity in Jamaica Plain and adjacent neighborhoods through affordable housing, organizing, and economic opportunity initiatives that improve the lives of low- and moderate-income people and create a better community for all.
In service of its mission, JPNDC has developed a strong track record in community-based real estate development, economic development programming and community organizing, all targeted to providing affordable homes, economic opportunity, leadership development and community engagement. JPNDC, which currently employs 30 staff and has a budget of $5 million, is a guided by a program committee structure and is overseen by a 16- member volunteer board of directors.
To date JPNDC has completed development of 22 projects that include 670 homes, as well as creation of 250,000 SF of commercial space. The portfolio serves a range of people including first-time homebuyers, families, elderly and disabled and formerly homeless, in addition to over 50 businesses, many of which are independent, local or minority-owned. JPNDC currently has 469 units under management in 15 residential developments managed by two third party property managers, a pipeline of development of five projects including 500 homes and committed resources to identify future development opportunities.
JPNDC’s real estate activities notably include large-scale redevelopment and planning through cutting edge, innovative public/private partnerships. These activities include the Jackson Square Redevelopment Initiative, 125 Amory Street and the initial phase of redevelopment at Mildred Hailey Apartments. These initiatives will result in the new construction or rehabilitation of nearly 1,500 homes, in addition to new commercial space, community facilities and significant infrastructure improvements.
· Manage development of 25 Amory Street, a 44-unit LIHTC project that is part of the Jackson Square development effort
· Coordinate with our partners in managing the land assembly and disposition process, ownership structuring, public approval process, and phasing and implementation plan.
· Implement public realm infrastructure improvements supporting the Jackson Square development, including soliciting funds and design and construction oversight
· Assemble financing and submit applications for grants, equity and loan programs
· Solicit, negotiate and oversee third-party consultant services
· Manage closing for purchase, loan and equity investments
· Oversee project budgets, the construction process and schedules
· Oversee project marketing and lease up
· Maintain investor and lender relationships
· Provide project management oversight on additional real estate development projects from project planning through construction completion and closeout as needed
· Assist Real Estate Director in providing staffing support to Jackson Square Partners LLC, as well as other relevant boards and committees.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in real estate development or related field.
· Thorough knowledge of real estate development process, including overall deal structuring, finance, design, and construction.
· Prior experience working on Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects
· Experience with mixed-use development projects.
· Familiarity with developing public infrastructure and amenities a plus.
· Familiarity with public, private and quasi-public financing programs.
· Strong critical thinking skills and ability to make abstract concepts concrete
· Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated project management experience.
· Commitment to JPNDC's mission and community empowerment philosophy.
· Ability to work independently and in a team within the agency and with collaborating organizations.
· Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
Employment Terms: This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefit package.
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Position open until filled.
JPNDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
This is a full-time, salaried position eligible for a full benefit package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English a plus!
Minimum Education Required