Details: Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
LEAD New Hampshire and NH Progress Alliance are looking for an exceptional person to build out issue advocacy, and accountability campaigns, with a focus on developing grassroots leadership capacity over the course of the next year. This is a full-time position and requires a unique and diverse set of skills, attributes, and experience. The LEAD NH Organizer is responsible for delivering on year-round program deliverables to connect activists to actions online and offline across the state and to identify potential candidates and leaders for progressive movement building.
ABOUT OUR WORK
LEAD NH is a sustainable leadership organizing program that invests in progressive grassroots activists, resistance groups, and existing organizations around the America Votes NH table. LEAD NH supports organizing structures and on ramps to connect activists to existing issue organizations across the state and to elected leaders for accountability. LEAD New Hampshire is an important mechanism to invest in progressive power-building at the local and state levels for the long term.
The LEAD NH Organizer will be responsible for developing multi-channel organizing programs around the state.
We are interested in candidates with experience implementing grassroots and leadership development programs. This is a new position. The ideal candidate is a motivated, self-starter who has at least two years of organizing and/or campaign experience and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The Organizer will report to the LEAD NH Director and focus on day-to-day maintenance of grassroots mobilization, the LEAD NH Database and outreach to allied organizations. The Organizer will be responsible for recruiting, training and managing interns and volunteers, and will be held accountable to quantitative and qualitative field metrics, as well as:
· Working within the progressive issue movement and across the organization to identify opportunities to grow engagement and makes recommendations on incorporating into existing projects
· Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers who will participate in public accountability actions, canvasses, earned media events and town hall meetings
· Generating public awareness and support through grassroots outreach
· Developing relationships with key community leaders, opinion leaders, and allied organizations and coalitions to build a base of support
- Identifying, cultivating and recruiting grass top supporters
- Serving as liaison between local affiliate, community groups and/or coalition partners for legislative and electoral campaigns
· Experience in building a team of volunteers to execute short-term and long-term plans
· Political campaign experience in support of an issue, initiative, or candidate campaign
· Experience using NGP VAN or NationBuilder for voter engagement programs.
· Proficiency in Google and Microsoft Suites
· Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with coalitions and the staff and leadership of allied organizations
· Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to movement building and social change
· A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to motivate others
· Ability to manage two or more work plans and projects simultaneously
· Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet deadlines
· Availability to work weeknights and weekends on a regular basis
· Desire, capacity, and discipline to reflect regularly on actions and work in pursuit of intentional personal and professional development
· Goal-orientation and willingness to hold self and others accountable to common vision and values
This full-time position (40 hours/week) is based in Concord, NH.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter, salary requirements, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "LEAD NH Organizer” in the subject line. Position posted until filled.