4800 South Paulina Street
1. Assists the teacher with implementing the weekly lessons plans utilizing the Creative Curriculum that meet agency, licensing, accrediting and funding body standards.
2. Interacts with the children to assist the teacher in assessing their strengths and needs to ensure curriculum development and individualized teaching.
3. Assists with maintaining open communication with parents/caregivers through maintaining bulletin board, weekly newsletters, planned activities, direct contact involving parents and other outreach.
4. Assists the teacher with meeting the needs of the individual student, ages three to five years, as well as promotes progress in all areas of development.
5. Communicates with parents, in consultation with the teacher, on an ongoing basis regarding their child's progress and participation in class, including parent/teacher conferences and home visits at regular intervals as applicable to program funding regulations.
6. Provides a safe, clean and nurturing environment for the children and ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed.
7. Assists the teacher in completing all required documentation in accordance with agency/programmatic policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, DCFS licensing, funding or accrediting bodies.
8. Participates in the NAEYC accreditation process and complies with the requirements of DFSS and DCFS as a licensed child care facility.
9. Participates in on-going recruitment activities designed to increase enrollment in the program.
10. Maintains up to date knowledge in the field by attending seminars, workshops and in-service trainings, obtain at least 20 professional development hours annually per requirements of Gateways to Opportunity, obtains Gateways to Opportunity credentials relevant to position and works to increase credential levels as applicable to funding, accrediting and regulatory requirements.
Salary: Not listed
Hours: Full Time
Work Location: 2601 W. Marquette Road, Chicago, IL.
Preferred Requirements: Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education. Two years direct service as a Teacher Assistant in an Early Childhood classroom. Certification in Food Safety and Sanitation, CPR and First Aide.
Minimum Requirements: Associate’s degree with 21 credits in Early Childhood Education. One year direct service as a Teacher Assistant in an Early Childhood classroom or a new graduate with student learning experience. CPR and First Aide certification with in the first 12 months of employment. Must obtain food handler certification within 6 months of hire.
Other Requirements: Must be able to walk, run and participate in physical activities with small children. Must be able to bend, stoop and sit at the children's level. Must be able to rearrange classroom equipment and supplies.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required