Details: Part-time position, commensurate with experience
325 Chestnut Street
Job Title: Communications Manager (part-time)
Date of Analysis: 1/31/18
Reports to: Director of Communications
Other regular relationships:
- Executive Director
- Director of Programs & Special Projects
- Senior Program Officer
- Director of Development
- Senior Writer, Development
- Program and Communications Associate
- Outside vendors such as graphic designers, photographers, and videographers.
Immediate Subordinates: Interns when available
Overall Purpose of Job: Manage external communications and media relations to increase the visibility of the Pennsylvania Humanities Council (PHC), its programs, and its advocacy efforts.
Essential Functions/Specific Responsibilities:
- With the Director of Communications, creates and executes annual communications plans for PHC and its program areas.
- Leads day-to-day production for and maintenance of PHC’s website.
- Oversees PHC’s social media presence, including planning, posting, and monitoring content for all PHC social media channels.
- Develops effective strategies to engage media.
- Develops content for website, e-newsletters, media campaigns, and public presentations. Includes writing articles, blog posts, talking points, remarks, press releases, and other copy; enlisting internal and external authors as necessary; researching and/or selecting images; overseeing video production; and building web pages, newsletter layouts, and slide presentations.
- With the Director of Communications, leads the planning and implementation of public meetings, webinars, and other events.
- Represents PHC in meetings, events, conference calls, etc., as assigned.
- Assists with administrative tasks as assigned.
- Participates in PHC sponsored events and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in public relations, marketing, communications, or media.
- Excellent communication skills and visual sense, with the ability to speak, write, and design messages in various formats for different audiences.
- Able to think strategically, juggle multiple priorities, and manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently or in teams.
- Passion for the humanities, and personal values consistent with PHC’s mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and up to 2 writing samples to email@example.com