One Palmer Square
Climate Central seeks a thoughtful, experienced and effective Executive Assistant to provide valued administrative support for the CEO of Climate Central, and to Vice Presidents, as needed. The Executive Assistant will also play an important office-management role in support of the daily operations of the organization. This position reports to the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Climate Central is a respected non-advocacy, non-profit organization that works to reach large and significant audiences using a wide variety of tools. Current initiatives include Climate Matters, which each week provides a network of more than 500 local TV meteorologists with data and broadcast-quality graphics about linkages between weather events and climate change; the program is expanding to include local journalists and news directors through the Climate Matters in the Newsroom. Climate Central’s work on sea level rise is advancing the local accuracy of global sea level rise threat assessments, researching the intersection of social and physical vulnerability on U.S. coast, and pioneering a new generation of online tools.
Climate Central’s highly interdisciplinary work is conducted by a team whose backgrounds include physical, natural and social sciences, data analysis, journalism, graphic design, web production and other fields.
- Provide administrative support for the CEO and Vice Presidents as needed:
- Manage and support calendar and contact database
- Support meetings and calls, including logistics, written materials, food, supplies
- Coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and its Executive and Finance Committees
- Communicate with Board members and their support staff
- Plan travel and assemble expense reports
- Seek, identify and fulfill other opportunities to support CEO & senior team effectiveness
- Support the running of the office:
- Order office supplies, including helping with vendor selection for quality, support, pricing
- Interface with landlord for office-related issues, e.g., keys, repairs, parking passes
- Monitor and maintain pantry supplies; manage petty cash
- Monitor phones and faxes; manage mail and shipping
- Support Human Resource functions:
- Support recruiting efforts – placement of ads and monitoring of responses
- Maintain annual PTO (Paid Time Off) schedules for all employees and monitor balances.
- 10 years of prior experience as an Executive Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Ability to work with diverse teams
- Strong computer skills – a fast learner comfortable with tech. Current applications include:
- Microsoft Office suite and Google G Suite (Mail, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, etc.)
- Range of online tools for banks, vendors, donors
- Range of other apps and add-ons for organization, productivity, email, etc.
- Good listener, insightful, takes initiative
- A highly positive and collegial attitude is essential
Compensation is competitive, with generous benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, link(s) to any relevant online identity (e.g. LinkedIn), and salary expectations to Jobs@climatecentral.org with the subject line referencing “Executive Assistant” (no quotes). Due to the volume of employment applications and queries received, Climate Central is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate. The search will close when a successful candidate is recruited.