Details: The target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We value experience with project management, networking, and running grassroots campaigns.
District of Columbia
The Public Interest Network is seeking a Hiring Director to help us build our team of dedicated activists and senior staff for our national network of nonprofits. The Hiring Director is responsible for recruiting talented, experienced staff to run campaigns on some of our country’s most pressing issues.
The Public Interest Network operates more than 15 organizations -- including U.S. PIRG, Environment America, Green Corps, and the National Environmental Law Center -- that are committed to a cutting-edge vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to change. We’re transpartisan. We value dialogue over polarization. We invest in people and strategies that deliver results, including advocacy, lobbying, campaigning, litigation, policy research and grassroots organizing. And over the past 45 years, our coordinated approach has won hundreds of victories.
We focus on tackling some of the big questions facing our country - how to make sure the next generation has clean air, clean water and a livable climate; how to transform our energy and transportation systems to meet the needs of today, not the last century; how to grow and raise our food in ways that leave both people and our environment healthier, and more. If our approach to change and the issues we work on sound exciting to you, apply to join our team.
- Recruitment strategy: Work with our staff across the country to develop and carry out comprehensive plans to meet our staffing goals.
- Candidate outreach: Identify top potential candidates, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions.
- Networking: Develop strategic relationships with partner organizations and universities and serve as the public face for our recruitment efforts at conferences, career panels and job forums.
- Tracking and Data Analysis: Oversee recruitment- and hiring-related tracking and data analysis to identify trends and opportunities. Propose and maintain a budget and manage candidate communications
Candidates must have at least 3 years of relevant experience in organizing, campaigns, or nonprofit recruiting. Qualities and skills we’re looking for:
- Passion for our campaigns and for building a strong and enduring institution to achieve long-term social change
- Motivating and articulate communicator one-on-one and in front of a crowd
- Ability to manage and drive projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail; ability to create and maintain systems
Pay & Benefits:
The target annual compensation for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. We value experience with project management, networking, and running grassroots campaigns. The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Boston, MA or Washington, DC, or Denver, CO
Things to Know When You Apply:
The Public Interest Network is a group of organizations that share a vision of a better world, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
The Public Interest Network offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required