475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Early Childhood Coach
REPORTS TO: Executive Director for Early Childhood Education
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
The Early Childhood Coach mentors and trains the education directors and staff to support school readiness and program quality throughout LSSNY’s Early LIFE preschool program. The Early Childhood Coach conducts classroom observations and provides feedback to teachers to improve teacher-child interactions and curriculum implementation that supports positive child outcomes towards school readiness. The Early Childhood Coach provides technical support and assistance to site directors, education coordinators and classroom teachers, including direct coaching and mentoring to improve instructional practices, classroom quality and leadership practices.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide coaching, direct technical assistance, and written feedback to Early LIFE directors, education coordinators and classroom teachers.
- Develop and implement Individualized Coaching Plans.
- Review teacher Coaching Plans with the Site Director/Educational Coordinator.
- Assess director, education coordinator and teaching staff progress towards goals.
- Follow up on individual requests for coaching services and document training needed.
- Provide monthly written feedback and support for each teacher, with appropriate commendations and recommendations supporting curriculum growth, adaptation and development.
- Provide monthly written feedback and support for each site director and education coordinator with appropriate commendations and recommendations supporting leadership and administrative excellence.
- Analyze data to determine individualized coaching needs and program improvement goals.
- Plan and present workshops on relevant child development topics based on program monitoring outcomes.
- Ensure that each student's annual goals are understood by teaching staff; oversee and manage a plan to reach these goals, setting appropriate benchmarks and indicators to be met on a quarterly (or more frequent) basis.
- Provide feedback to the Executive Director and the Asst. Executive Director of the Early LIFE program on a monthly basis.
- Maintain current, working knowledge of Early Childhood Standards and assessment tools.
- Implement Practice-Based Coaching model, teacher training and mentoring.
- Develop and maintain positive, supportive relationships with teaching staff.
- Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent preferred.
- NYS state certification in Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience in an Early Childhood school setting or similar school setting.
- Experience in adult learning and in using assessment data to drive coaching strategies aligned with program performance.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in supervising senior management staff.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction in Early Childhood Education.
- Demonstrated ability in adult learning, coaching and mentoring teachers.
- Demonstrated ability to observe and assess Early Childhood teachers to maintain high-quality education services and promote career development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all cover letters and resumes to:
Patricia Eckford-Jackson | Peckford-jackson@LSSNY.ORG
Beatrice Hutcherson | Bhutcherson@LSSNY.ORG
[with "Early Childhood Coach" in the subject line]