AnitaB.org is seeking a data scientist to join our team. The data scientist will run, develop, and use analysis tools for company integration and organization. The data scientist will run analytical experiments and evaluate theoretical alternate models. The candidate will analyze processes and systems to extract insights from structured and unstructured data.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, manage, and maintain analytics database.
- Implement processes that improve and lead to greater data quality.
- Conduct statistical analyses to develop strategies.
- Document all processes and research.
- Build new algorithms and model training.
- Execute and manage projects involving analytics.
- Identify data patterns and trends.
- Analyze data to develop predictive models.
- Create, manage, and maintain analytically rigorous data.
- Note anomaly detection and running diagnostics.
- Perform graphical model analysis.
- Possess a solid machine learning foundation.
- Develop Dashboards and Visualization Tools/Reports.
- Report progress on development at weekly staff meetings and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization. Work within project timelines and budgets. Be able to organize your own time, schedule tasks for completion, and deliver work to that schedule.
- Ensure all development goes through appropriate approval, test, and deployment processes.
- Produce high quality design documentation. Share and document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies, and coach other team members to improve skills.
- Manage source code and version control.
- Work independently or in conjunction with other developers as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider technology organization.
- Accurately estimate the time and materials required to complete a piece of development work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Desired skills and abilities include:
- Expert in statistical modeling/data mining
- Experienced with SQL Server
- Experienced in data analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining techniques
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience
The qualifications below are the qualifications required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field; Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field preferred
- Four years of relevant industry experience
- Strong familiarity and hands-on experience with SQL and statistical software packages (Python, R, SAS, SSRS)
- Strong familiarity with AWS and cloud computing environments
- Strong understanding of security in the cloud
- Knowledge of tools and techniques in machine learning
- Expert in relational database design and concepts
- Expert in one or more programming languages (C/C++, Python, Perl, Java)
- Understanding of Tableau Analytic Tools
- Experience in genetic algorithms, logistic and linear regression, PCA, decision tree analysis and statistical methods
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of business applications
- Experience developing software utilizing SDLC best practices
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Routine and occasional travel requires driving and sitting in a vehicle for moderate periods of time.
- Walking or standing within office area is routinely required; bending, kneeling, and stretching may be required for the operation of equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and far vision, and color vision.
- Job duties are performed in an office and home office using standard office equipment such as a computer, printer, scanner, and telephone.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Remote communication is used during non-office hours, using a number of tools to assist in connecting to the organization.
We are only able to consider local candidates at this time.
AnitaB.org envisions a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies that use it. To achieve that vision we connect, inspire, and guide women in computing and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative. As a mission-driven nonprofit, we seek to expand communications about the underrepresentation of women in technical roles, the importance of increasing diversity in tech, and promoting solutions to these issues.
Minimum Education Required