Details: Full time salary. Position is dependent on contract with First 5 LA.
4900 East Conant Street, Bldg O-2, Suite 225
Summary of Position:
TNP serves as the Regional Network (RN) organization for First 5 LA Best Start Communities Region 4 (Central Long Beach and Wilmington). The Program Manager is responsible for delivery of the First 5 LA Best Start Region 4 strategy/project by coordinating organizational capacity building, regional learning, collective advocacy, resource mobilization and multi-level coordination for local sub-contract organizational partners (Local Network organizations-LN) and consultants. Providing support and resources to local organization partners as they ensure that community residents improve health through systemic changes fueled by adult and youth resident engagement, collaboration & resource sharing, and strategic communication about community needs and solutions.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for moving forward Region 4’s goals and objectives, while establishing and strengthening relationships between organizations and networks in the region. The PM will regularly collaborate with and maintain strong communication with agency representatives and members of Best Start Community Partnerships in Central Long Beach and Wilmington, and the larger Best Start Initiative throughout LA County.
· Develops and manages the relationship between Local Network organization (LN) (Long Beach Forward and Providence Little Company of Mary) and TNP.
· Through a consultative process, assesses the organizational capacity needs of TNP and the two LN organizations to fulfill their respective roles.
· Works with the Best Start Region 4 LNs and First 5 to develop roles, systems, structures and evaluation for the regional structure and local level community work.
· Through a consultative process, assess and support each LN organization to meet the needs of each Community Partnership in Central Long Beach and Wilmington. Identifies contracts and oversees the work of all subcontractors associated with the capacity building work in Region 4.
· Develop evaluation plan and coordinate efforts at the regional and community level. Works closely with a contracted evaluator to fulfill the region’s goals around data collection and evaluation.
· Attends Best Start Community Partnership meetings and gatherings with leaders of these partnerships.
· Fulfills a key role in identifying resources (funding, donations, and in-kind) to support the work of the Community Partnerships beyond First 5 LA funding.
· Develop, monitor and administer budgets, scopes of services, and consulting agreements.
· Ensure accurate and timely reports are delivered to First5 that ensure fiscal accountability of programs, in collaboration with the Operations Manager and Senior Program Manager.
· Serves on local committees and advisory boards as necessary.
· Supervises, evaluates support staff, as necessary.
· Support programs and services of TNP as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.
· At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in program planning, program management, evaluation, and community engagement. Prior experience in the nonprofit sector or a community-based agency desired.
· Experience in facilitation, convening groups and building collaboration across groups.
· Ability to work independently, develop strategy and engage with community.
· Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills with a commitment to ethical and accountable practices.
· Familiarity with Long Beach, Wilmington and surrounding communities preferred.
· Willing and able to travel about 40% of the month with some evening hours required.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field; advanced degree a plus.
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org The subject should read PROGRAM MANAGER Best Start - first name last name.
The Nonprofit Partnership provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Nonprofit Partnership complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About The Nonprofit Partnership:
The Nonprofit Partnership (TNP) is a regional capacity builder for community organizations, supporting nonprofit organizations and professionals for 25 years. Focused on providing opportunities to expand learning, and professional and organizational growth, TNP supports hundreds of organizations each year to reach greater impact in their communities. TNP currently serves over 1,300 individuals each year, providing professional development, leadership training, coaching, and facilitation to meet the needs of the community in three ways (the three gears of capacity building): Individual, Organization, and Sector support. Our approach is one that focuses on the delivery of quality, individualized support and resources to client organizations with training and education, customized support, and collaboration.
Full medical, dental and vision for employee.
Level of Language Proficiency
Community Partnership and Leadership meetings include Spanish, Khmer and English.
Minimum Education Required