Recruitment Manager (Bilingual Spanish/English)
- Job posted by Voices College-Bound Language Academies
Details: Dependent on Experience.
14271 Story Road
Though 9 in 10 Latino young adults say a college degree is important for success in life, fewer than 15% age 25 or older hold a bachelor’s degree. Voices College-Bound Language Academies exist to change that.
Founded in 2006 by East San Jose native and National Board Certified Teacher Frances Teso, Voices is a public charter school network with a mission to prepare all students for the challenges of higher education through the context of an academically rigorous dual-language program. With the Voices dual-immersion model, students receive 80% of instruction in Spanish and 20% in English starting in kindergarten. The percentages shift by 10% per year until reaching 50:50 in third grade. As a result, every student, regardless of home language, graduates bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
In 2018-19, Voices will operate four public charter schools: Voices-Franklin McKinley (K-8), Voices-Morgan Hill and Voices-Mt. Pleasant (both Transitional Kindergarten - 4th, growing to Transitional Kindergarten - 8th) and Voices West Contra Costa (Transitional Kindergarten- 2nd). As we expand to serve more traditionally underserved students in Santa Clara County and surrounding counties, Voices seeks additional team members who share a commitment to its mission and believe joyful learning and world-class academic preparation are not mutually exclusive.
Voices Academies’ Vision
All students graduating from Voices College-Bound Language Academies will possess the knowledge, skills and confidence to succeed in any career path they choose to pursue in life by mastering academic standards and subject matter. Students will be aware of the many positive possibilities for their future, and enjoy learning throughout their lives. They will be able to think critically by asking questions, especially when confronted with the status quo. Our students will have a sense of social responsibility to make their communities better.
Voices Academies’ Recruitment Manager will be an inspiring leader with an entrepreneurial spirit. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer the Recruitment Manager will recruit and cultivate bilingual educators at Voices Academies.The ideal candidate will not only be innovative, but also have an unwavering commitment to social-justice. The Recruitment Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing creative and sustainable recruitment strategies for network-wide hires during organizational growth. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the teacher recruitment landscape, experience building strategic partnerships with community-leaders and higher-ed institutions/programs, as well as a successful track-record of identifying and selecting top-talent for Title I schools. He/She will have excellent project management, public-speaking, and relationship-building skills.
Recruitment Strategy And Planning:
- Work closely with the COO to develop and drive recruiting and talent strategies with the goal of attracting diverse, highly qualified teachers, school operations staff, and paraprofessionals
- Work with COO to design and implement career pathways and retention plans across the organization to ensure our team members are highly satisfied and have the opportunity for an extended career at Voices
- Lead the design of an evaluation process to measure effectiveness of recruiting, hiring, and selection efforts, communicate important information to the leadership team, and use metrics to inform future priorities within the recruiting department
- Ensure recruitment practices are data-driven by overseeing data collection and analysis
Candidate Outreach And Cultivation:
- Develop and leverage relationships with candidate sources and partner with education community organizations, colleges/universities, and networks/districts
- Create a candidate cultivation strategy, and build multiple pipelines for hard to fill positions
- Build excitement about Voices by serving as a brand ambassador through event planning, outreach activities, and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with academic staff to develop and implement strategic workshops (e.g., professional development, education equity) for partner organizations and future educators/students
- Train principals and hiring managers on best practices for recruitment
- Manage pilot Embajador Referral Program with select teacher(s) at school sites; includes training teacher(s) on recruitment best practices
- Innovate messaging and online sourcing strategies for email blasts, job postings, and social media outreach
Hiring Processes and Systems
- Work closely with Voices principals and hiring managers to understand their needs and priorities for candidates
- Lead selection and hiring process, including phone interviews, final interview day preparation and execution
- Prepare job descriptions in collaboration with department leads and job postings
- Manage various hiring and sourcing platforms; includes Workable, LinkedIn, Job Search Engines (Indeed, EdJoin, etc.), University/College employer relation accounts
- Define clear recruiting processes to ensure transparent and efficient hiring; ensure a good feedback loop and optimize time-to-hire
- Codify practices and lead other process improvement and systems-building efforts
- Perform other related duties as needed
- BA/BS degree or related experience
- Minimum 2 years proven recruiting experience, executing a variety of talent searches
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting/sourcing, employment branding, or experience owning a function of similar scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience giving formal presentations and trainings strongly preferred
- Strong project management experience required
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Apps
- Spanish fluency
- Knowledge of and experience working with low-income communities preferred
- Experience in designing and evaluating effectiveness of hiring practices and processes
- Experience in supporting HR/talent functions within an organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and demonstrated success in recruiting bilingual educators
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment; working efficiently, and exercising excellent judgment in making decisions.
Personal and Professional – Finally, the ideal candidate will hold the following personal and professional competencies:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – Commit deep passion and thought to the work of building an innovative, mission-driven school
- Leadership – Couple strong management with excellent interpersonal skills in leading an organization in one’s functional domain
- Relationship – Develop relational trust across constituencies, by maintaining a positive attitude with students, parents and staff, while also maintaining confidentiality
- Organization – Be intensely execution-oriented and frighteningly organized, allowing one to work in a fast paced, but sometimes unpredictable, environment
- Perspective – Combine maturity, humility, a strong work ethic, a sense of humor, and a roll-up-my sleeves attitude to celebrate successes as well as navigate times of ambiguity and high levels of stress
- Professionalism – See oneself as an ambassador of the school, presenting oneself both positively and professionally at all times and with all constituents
- Regular requirement to stand, sit, walk, talk, hear, see, read, speak, reach, stretch with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional evening and or weekend work
- Occasional travel
- Willingness to be trained as needed
Prior to Employment: Once an offer has been extended, a candidate must meet the following criteria to receive a final contract:
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Valid TB Clearance
- Highly competitive salary
- Medical benefits
- Exceptional growth opportunities
- Retirement plan
- Reports directly to Chief Operations Officer(COO)
- Permanent Salaried, Exempt Position
- At-Will Contract
If you have any questions about this position, please contact our hiring team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Voices College-Bound Language Academies is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Voices to afford equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
Comprehensive benefits package also available.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate should be bilingual in English and Spanish since Voices College-Bound Language Academies are dual-immersion models.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit coverletter and resume via online system: https://www.workable.com/j/8DA51D8C62