The Clinical Case Manager provides clinical case management, coaching, and supportive counseling to adults with a range of disabilities, primarily Autism Spectrum Disorders and/or psychiatric conditions/Mental Illness. The Clinical Case Manager delivers targeted assistance in one or two need areas and/or coordinates those services provided by other JF&CS programs or other agencies. Clients are typically seen in the community and in home settings.
This is a Monday-Friday, 36.25 hour per week position. Schedule may be flexible and will be worked out with supervisor. Clients are typically seen in the community and in home settings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Case management, which may include coordination and assistance with application and recertification for health care, housing, and SNAP (food stamp) benefits; housing searches, development of independent living skills, employment support, etc. The case manager partners with each client to help him/her achieve goals.
- Coordinating services with outside providers and agencies, which may include attending meetings such as medical appointments, housing authority meetings, etc.
- Skills training in the areas of financial management, social skills, organization strategies, time management, and advocacy skills.
- Provide clinically appropriate supportive counseling founded on the empowerment model of service. Clinical supervision and training is provided.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, including the creation of treatment plans and individualized goals within the first 30 days of service, completion of daily documentation, and quarterly goal progress notes and review.
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical care to clients
- Attend and participate actively in all staff meetings and supervisions.
- Act as a role model to individuals by displaying proper dress, language, and character skills.
- Act as a liaison for family members, DDS, and other collateral contacts.
- Communicate with entire staff team and supervisor around client issues and concerns in a timely manner, maintaining a collaborative team effort.
- Become an active member of JF&CS Services for People with Disabilities and collaborate within the division, with other JF&CS teams (Mental Health, Basic Needs, Geriatric Care Management, etc. ) and with other agencies as appropriate.
- Transporting clients in own vehicle is required
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Intermediate Skills in Outlook and Word and basic skills in Excel or willingness to develop such skills within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge and utilization of ETO on a regular/daily basis.
- Masters degree in social work or other related field preferred. LICSW supervision is available. Minimum qualifications include Bachelor degree in related field and experience working with individuals with psychiatric conditions/Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- MA driver's license and vehicle are required. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Case Manager/Resource Specialist must demonstrate ability to complete core benefit applications (SNAP, Masshealth, SSI, Housing applications) within 30 days of hire. Knowledge of disability services (DDS, SSI, SSDI) a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point).
- Individual must have history of working with adults with developmental disabilities and significant psychiatric conditions.
- Individual must have a solid knowledge of psychopathology and intervention skills
- Individual must have competence in conducting an initial assessment and in the development and implementation of an appropriate treatment plan.
- Knowledge of billing software a plus.
- All employees must pass a national background check
- CPR and First Aid certifications (or ability to pass within the first 90 days of employment)
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We acknowledge and respect the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is welcoming of all and celebrates the uniqueness of those we serve, staff, volunteers, donors, and business partners.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.