Details: non-exempt and great benefits!
121 Avenue of the Americas
The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 10,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager with various clinical functions in the Adolescent Health Center.
- Assist with clinical functions of the Adolescent Health Center, to ensure the delivery of high quality care to patients.
- Assist with inventory control and ordering medical supplies, medications, devices, and equipment.
- Administer medication(s) based on written order(s) from licensed clinical providers.
- Establish specialty appointments for patients referred to outside providers.
- Assist with follow-up notification to patients of abnormal lab results, and reporting requirements to NYC DOHMH.
- Assist in rooming patients and taking vitals for providers, as needed.
- Performs other such duties as delegated by the Clinical Manager.
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing Program.
- Current, unrestricted NYS Licensed Practical Nurse Licensure / Certification.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory, hospital, or long- term care facility, as an LPS, CAN, or MA preferredVenipuncture skills a plus.
- Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Proficiency in working in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced environment.
- Resourceful problem solver with the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, including experience with Electronic Health Records, and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or Mandarin strongly preferred
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Minimum Education Required