Want to help bring a working-class voice to politics in Wisconsin that can’t be ignored? Join SEIU Wisconsin State Council’s electoral team to build a strong, vibrant grass-roots voter contact effort. With about 2 million members nation-wide, SEIU is one of the largest unions in North America. We are dedicated to improving wages and expanding healthcare for working Wisconsinites. In 2022 our team will help re-elect Governor Evers and install a progressive Senator that supports our mission. This position will begin in the fall of 2021 and last through mid-November 2022. Applicants must have a passion for racial and economic justice, and be able to commit to the job through the fall 2022 election.
Political Organizer / Canvasser Job Description
SEIU Wisconsin State Council political organizers are responsible for canvassing in assigned neighborhoods at targeted households in SE Wisconsin and other strategic areas throughout the state. They report to their team Canvass Lead.
● Track data using phone app technology and paper lists
● Accurately report daily work using a phone app and paper lists when needed
● Treat co-workers and the general public with respect
● Read maps accurately
● Participate fully in daily team meetings
● Work independently and as part of a larger team knocking on doors and having conversations with voters about the upcoming elections and issues that are important to them
● Learn and deliver a structured conversation
● Walk 6 hours/day
● Have a fully charged smartphone daily
● Drive vans in the field/transport canvass team to turf
● Pickup and drop off vans from rental agency
● Other duties as assigned
● Valid driver's license and proof of auto insurance
● Ability to work outdoors
● Must also be registered to vote if eligible
● Must be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (PPE and safety protocols will be enforced and updated with guidance from public health officials)
● Must have a working smartphone
This position is 30-36 hours per week and the pay is $20 per hour, no benefits. There is potential for canvassers to advance into Lead positions for those who excel in all elements of the job over a period of time as the program expands. Early evenings and some weekends expected. Previous political or canvassing experience is a plus.
SEIU Wisconsin State Council is an Equal Opportunity affirmative action employer that values and respects the diversity of its staff. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Want to help bring a working-class voice to politics in Wisconsin that can’t be ignored? Join SEIU Wisconsin State Council’s electoral team to build a strong, vibrant grass-roots voter contact effort. With about 2 million members…
Please submit resume and letter of interest by September 25, 2021.