LOCAL INITIATIVES SUPPORT CORPORATION
POSITION TITLE: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
JOB CLASSIFICATION: FULL-TIME / NON-EXEMPT
LOCATION: MILWAUKEE, WI
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 38 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. These investments have leveraged more than $50 billion in development activity and helped families and communities raise their standards of living. LISC investments impact the lives of nearly 7 million Americans.
Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 32 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Our rural programs make an impact in 44 states, and are supported by LISC’s talented and dedicated workforce. Visit us at www.lisc.org
Milwaukee LISC invites applicants for the position of Administrative Assistant to serve as an integral part of the LISC Milwaukee team by assisting the LISC team with key operation areas through marketing, research, grant monitoring and administrative support. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office Manager and Executive Director and also work closely with program staff. The position will play an important role in successfully implementing a holistic, neighborhood-driven approach to community transformation that works to ensure both people and places prosper.
- General office administrative management, including but not limited to performing human resource functions such as initiating processing for interns, managing and processing invoices
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director
- Grants management, including tracking performance, monitoring outcomes and reporting
- Assisting with preparation of funding and grant applications
- Providing oversight and follow-up with grantees to submit narrative/outcome reports to LISC, coordinating with National LISC grants and contracts management department as needed, and assisting in tracking and monitoring on draw down of funds from various funding sources
- Provide coordination and assistance in responding to grant requests, funder reporting requirements, including providing coordination and usage through LISC’s online tracking platform Salesforce
- Contributing to development of the LISC Milwaukee website, including curating and posting content, and supporting social media outreach
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college in urban studies, business administration, community development, or similar field, or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years of work experience in administrative management and community development preferred. Experience should include a successful track record in administration and contracts coordination
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required
- Grant writing and communications experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience working with Salesforce
- Experience with website development/maintenance a plus
- Proficiency with social media/networking
- Knowledge about economic, political and social environment of Milwaukee and Milwaukee County
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, and work in fast-paced environment
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail to:
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Minimum Education Required