1395 Lexington Avenue
The Director, Individual Giving Administration and Donor Information, provides overall back-end management for the Individual Giving (IG) team as well as supporting other areas of the Development Department including leadership of the prospect research team. The Director is a critical member of the team in helping to ensure systems, research and processes are being carried out efficiently and productively so that the department is successful in achieving the required contributed revenue financial targets.
- Support the Director of Development for IG in leading, managing and stewarding a team of development professionals.
- Work with the Director of Development Operations and Finance Department in preparation of contributed income projections and managing expense budgets for Individual Giving.
- Create and monitor annual Individual Giving budget providing management updates illustrating progress towards meeting contributed revenue goals.
- Manage and lead the prospect research function to ensure effective, in-depth and critical analysis is delivered to all streams of the wider Development function.
- Supervise the Associate Director of Prospect Research and the Research and Development Associate
- Act as Development liaison for matters relating to Tessitura, including best practices, list management, data pulls, list requests and list analysis.
- Pull and analyze data for major gift prospects and research and support major gift officers with portfolio management and use of Tessitura
- Work with Individual Giving Associate to plan and coordinate all major gift appeals
- Coordinate between Direct Mail & Digital Giving, Special Events, IG's Program Specific campaigns, and Donor Relations to avoid conflicting or overlapping communications.
- Meet with the CRM team regularly to discuss upcoming communications and resolve any conflicts with marketing communications.
- Conduct Tessitura training for new IG staff.
- Identify Tessitura reporting problems and work with Tessitura team to fix problems and or create new reports.
- Provide reports on Center funding for colleagues throughout the organization.
- Direct and enhance the acknowledgment process to ensure more personalized communications.
- Manage crediting and donor listings for all donors/sponsors in catalogs, website and all other collateral materials
- Coordinate activities, communications, and processes in Tessitura for the Capital Campaign.
- Provide support to the Director of Development, Individual Giving as needed.
- Create, document and continually review for areas of efficiency and quality improvement all IG department procedures.
- May be assigned other related duties as required.
Education, skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years working within nonprofit Development office, preferably at an arts/cultural institution
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to manage and motivate team members.
- Strong project management and administrative skills with the ability to conduct multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Must work well under pressure and with deadlines along with the ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities or unexpected situations.
- Proven high-level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite accompanied by a strong eye for detail.
- Previous experience working with, and proficiency in, Tessitura strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required