1200 G Street Northwest
District of Columbia
We seek a Senior Research Associate, Human Insights in our Washington, DC office to support human insights research and innovation projects for Prosperity Now’s Applied Research Team. The Sr. Research Associate will conduct quantitative and qualitative research (i.e. field surveys, analyze national data sets, conduct individual interviews) and coordinate projects. The Sr. Ressearch Associate may also assist in the production of Prosperity Now’s benchmarking tools, the Prosperity Now Scorecard and other data profiles. Our successful candidate will thrive on open collaboration, intellectual curiosity, an energetic, entrepreneurial approach to challenges, an upbeat, collegial environment, and hard work and drive toward fulfilling Prosperity Now’s mission of expanding economic opportunity for all Americans.
- Manage key research tasks and small-scale human insights projects, as assigned, in several of Prosperity Now’s core policy and program areas;
- Collect and analyze quantitative data, construct data files, prepare tables, write reports, review literature, conduct surveys, interviews, and site visits as necessary and summarize, analyze, and/or code resulting data;
- Lead coordination of website content, program-related communications support, and logistics for meetings and conferences;
- Manage partnerships and technical assistance with non-profit organizations, as assigned;
- Assist with the drafting and editing of reports, publications, presentations, blog posts and other communications materials; and
- Coordinate administrative tasks related to research projects, such as scheduling, note-taking, file management, etc. Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in economics, political science, sociology, geography, public policy, business or related field or Bachelor’s degree in related field with work experience equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- 2-3 years, minimum, of related work experience.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong program management and organization skills with attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a broader team.
- Experience with quantitative research methods, including collection, management and statistical analysis of secondary data (e.g., Census, BLS, and BEA datasets) and original survey data.
- Experience with qualitative research methods, including planning and facilitating interviews or focus groups, coding and analysis of qualitative data.
- Strong computer and database management skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), STATA, Atlas TI and Qualtrics is a plus.
- Experience with or interest in behavioral science and program evaluation is desirable.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Education Required