Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
324 West 15th Street
Corlears School, a small New York City independent school located in the lively Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, is seeking a full-time Communications Manager to work in conjunction with the Institutional Advancement Team to support clear and effective communication with the internal community, including newsletters, social media and publications.
- Help establish and maintain a communications calendar
- Manage all internal email communication including weekly updates, announcements, newsletters, school yearbook and as-needed community updates
- Compile photos of school life through taking and and collecting photos from internal constituents; as well as coordinating photography for major school events
- Oversight of school’s social media
- Develop strategy and manage school’s FB, Instagram and Twitter accounts: utilizing them as tools to share our story and connect to content posted in other places
- Work with outside social media marketing supports to create native content that can be used for marketing purposes
- Provide coordination support for the school’s new Parent Resource Center
- Support coordination for filming and editing of videos
- Support editing of content
- Implement posting of content
- Editorial Content Generation
- Generate editorial content for newsletter/website, social and external sites
- Copy editor for both planned pieces and impromptu needs
- Bachelors (required) or Masters (a plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (editorial background a plus)
- Strong familiarity with social media tools
- Ability to design and create graphics for invitations and announcements
- Knowledge of SEO and other metrics used to analyze impact of school communications
- Desire to work collaboratively with appreciation for difference and a commitment to inclusion
- Independent initiative, creative approach
- Highly organized
The Corlears Community:
Corlears is a warm and nurturing community dedicated to the educational excellence of young children through the elementary grades. Corlears is committed to creating an environment and shaping a curriculum that embraces differences. Our small and dynamic community makes working at Corlears both exciting and an opportunity for growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Attention: David Egolf
Please indicate the position title in the subject of the email.
Full medical benefits included.
Minimum Education Required