1030 15th Street NW, Suite 1100W
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Social Media Associate will support Generation No Kid Hungry and No Kid Hungry social networks. S/he will provide primary community management and customer service support for @GenerationNKH accounts and provide secondary support to @NoKidHungry accounts during organization-wide social media activations. In addition, the Social Media Associate will look at audience engagement and analytics to help create strategic monthly content calendars that best support a passionate community across @GenerationNKH accounts. They will also prepare rapid response actions as they arise regarding advocacy and trending topics and offer strategic suggestions and digital communications best practices to enhance Share Our Strength’s social media engagement and reach. The Social Media Associate will also support social media content creation through Photoshop.
- Craft and post content to all Generation No Kid Hungry accounts and platforms.
- Interact with Generation No Kid Hungry networks and supporters in real time across all platforms.
- Monitor online conversations and join where appropriate.
- Answer questions and guide conversations with online supporters using brand voice in a timely manner.
- Write and implement content for events, promotions, etc.
- Assist in creation of compelling digital and social media content and ideas to elevate the brand.
- Monitor and report qualitative and quantitive findings on social media content trends and metrics.
- Support influencer outreach, including social council, digital advocates, youth ambassadors.
- Coordinate with key influencers, prepare unique content for upcoming campaigns, in person retreats, share interesting updates, articles, analytics, etc.
- Support No Kid Hungry social media accounts as needed.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, external vendors and partners.
- Maintain consistent brand presence across social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn new communication tools.
- Strong organizational skills, high initiative, strong interpersonal skills, discretion and mature judgment; must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with poise and professionalism.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- Understanding of HTML, Google Analytics, Trackmaven, Sproutsocial, and/or Keyhole a plus. Experience with use of one of these analytic tools to improve performance required, with knowledge of micro-targeting also an advantage.
- Knowledge of Photoshop strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability to help implement creative social media campaigns that can generate high audience engagement.
- Experience training others on social media platforms and best practices.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No Calls Please.
Minimum Education Required