- The Health Outreach worker (HOW) works in collaboration with a CCA care partner and primary care team to improve member care through the promotion, prevention, and reduction of health risk.
- They work to ensure quality and continuity of care, and support the values of person centered planning.
- The HOW helps coordinate medical and other clinical services in an effort to prevent hospitalization; assists members in improving their daily living skills, so they can perform them independently or access services to support them in doing so; provides service coordination and linkage; and coaches self-advocacy and self-management skills in various areas including benefits, housing, and health care.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate's or BA/BS in human-services related field preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish required - Bicultural preferred.
- Certified Community Health Worker (CHW) or Health Outreach Worker (HOW) preferred.
- Minimum two years community outreach and advocacy experience with adults with SMI, SUD, and complex medical issues required.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified within the first three months of hire.
- Experience in motivational interviewing and working within a team model.
- Experience developing care plans.
- Use of own vehicle.
- Familiarity with MS Office products and Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and to reach with hands and arms.
- Driving License Required? Yes
Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required