1991 2nd Avenue
Youth Academy is an exclusive traveling baseball team, who is seeking elite assistant coaches to work with high school students in practices and tournaments. We would need two Assistant Coaches that will have a direct and meaningful impact on the positive development of the youth they coach. The ideal candidates have played professional baseball and or have coached college baseball. Must be an effective communicator and be able to motivate youth! Must have worked with youth in the past.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Travel weekly for tournaments and overnights;
• Lead practices and facilitate team meetings
• Provide a positive, team-based environment focused on coaching and baseball skills;
•Responsible for the safekeeping and collection of player’s personal documents;
•Coordinate practice schedules and tournaments;
• Attend 1 weeknight practice and be available for Saturday and Sunday games.
• Expertise as a player and or coach;
• Vast knowledge in strength and conditioning
• Ability to create a positive, team-based environment focused on developing youth’s baseball skills;
• Organizational skills, energy and flexibility;
• Solid oral communication skills;
• Bilingual (Spanish, a plus);
• Experience with overnights with youth ages 16 and under.
Time commitment. Practices (weeknights) typically last 3 hours and games (weekends) last between 2-12 hours.
Assistant coaches can earn an hourly wage of $20-22/hour.
Minimum Education Required