NATIONAL CENTER FOR LESBIAN RIGHTS
DIGITAL MEDIA MANAGER
The National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) seeks a creative, dynamic Digital Media Manager to support and manage social media, design, campaigns, and our website. Founded in 1977, NCLR is a national legal organization dedicated to advancing lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality through impact litigation, policy, direct legal services, and public education, with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C.
In 2017, NCLR, together with GLAD, was the first national legal organization to file a lawsuit to stop Trump’s transgender military ban and the first to secure a nationwide preliminary injunction halting it from moving forward while the case is heard in the courts. In 2008, NCLR won the California marriage equality case and was later part of the team of attorneys to secure national marriage equality in Obergefell v. Hodges.
NCLR values the power of communications in building support for our movement, shaping debate on issues, and leveraging the impact of our litigation, policy, and public education work. The Digital Media Manager reports to the Director of Communications.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with the Director of Communications and program staff to generate and execute successful social media strategies for advocacy, public education campaigns, and live events.
· Draft social media content, manage a publishing calendar, and post social media content to core channels.
· Position NCLR as a thought leader and identify opportunities to increase visibility on core social media channels
· Monitor social media metrics and analyze emerging trends to inform social media strategies.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with social media influencers aligned with NCLR’s mission.
· Develop and lead staff trainings on best practices, social media presence, and strategies to grow audience.
· Advise and guide staff on strategies to increase visibility of NCLR’s work.
· Design compelling visuals and social media graphics using Canva.
· Manage and maintain website content on WordPress that is user-friendly, relevant, and increases public education.
· Other communications duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience with a minimum of three years’ experience in nonprofit communications, social media marketing, or related fields required.
- Experience planning, developing, and promoting social media content for issue-based, nonprofit, or political advocacy organizations; familiarity with a broad range of social media strategies.
- Experience running successful social media campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deliver a strong work product under tight deadlines.
- A high level of independence, initiative, and good judgment—as well as the ability to work collaboratively.
- A passion for and commitment to LGBTQ and broader social justice issues, including racial and economic justice issues and an understanding of the multiple communities NCLR represents.
- Applicant may be based in San Francisco or Washington, D.C.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of NCLR’s scale. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation and holidays; eligibility to participate in a 403(b) plan; short-term and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; flexible spending pre-tax plans for qualified medical and child daycare expenses; and commuter pre-tax benefits.
About the National Center for Lesbian Rights
Founded in 1977, NCLR is a strong and effective national legal organization dedicated to achieving full civil and human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and their families through impact litigation, public policy work, direct legal services, and community and public education.
NCLR values team and community collaboration and fosters an engaged and dynamic work culture where staff are valued and thrive.
For more information about NCLR, please visit our website: www.NCLRights.org.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three work samples of your choice at this page: https://nclr.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=25. No telephone calls or emails please.
NCLR is proud to be an affirmative action employer. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Minimum Education Required