Details: Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
568 Valley Way
Position Title: Law Program Coordinator
Reports To: Law Program Site Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
About Fresh Lifelines for Youth
Founded in 2000, Fresh Lifelines for Youth (FLY) is an award-winning nonprofit working to break the cycle of juvenile violence, crime, and incarceration. FLY believes that all our children deserve a chance to become more than their past mistakes. FLY’s legal education, leadership training, and mentoring programs motivate and equip youth to change the course of their lives. We are also committed to helping our juvenile justice systems become more just, humane, and equitable. As a result, FLY increases safety in our communities and decreases the costs and consequences of crime.
For more information about Fresh Lifelines for Youth please go to: www.flyprogram.org.
Law Program Coordinator - Position Summary
The Law Program Coordinator supports all functions of running an effective and efficient Law Related Education Program in Santa Clara County.
● Manage the Intake of Youth Referrals into the LRE Program
o Process new youth referrals into the LRE program throughout the program year
o Ensure that 90% of youth referred to LRE program are contacted within 72 hours
o Create clear communication lines with Juvenile Probation to expedite referral process
o Exercise independent judgment and discretion to accept the appropriate youth into the LRE program each semester
o Responsible for organization and data entry of all referrals into database
● Build and Maintain Positive Probation Relationships
o Communicate effectively and professionally with probation through email, phone, and in person
o Generate and maintain positive and strategic relationships with probation officers and outside stakeholders
o Aid in the efforts of increasing volume of youth referrals from probation and other sources
o Generate attendance reports and youth history at FLY for probation officers
o Help schedule and attend youth recruitment pitches to probation units.
o As needed to attend external meetings.
● Coordinate the Preparation of Supplies for Law Sites, Training Events, Field Trips, and Graduation
o Coordinate Second Harvest Food Bank pick-ups and weekly snacks for all law program sites
o Provide ongoing support for volunteer facilitators in terms of supplies
o Prepare and transport all supplies need for facilitator training events
o Order meals and prepare snacks for all training events
o Prepare and transport all supplies needed for field trips
o Order meals and prepare snacks for all field trips
● Coordinate Volunteer Recruitment in conjunction with the Law Program Site Manager
o Provide assistance to the Law Program Site Manager for the preparation of all presentations and general volunteer recruitment, including attending presentations, providing general information to potential volunteers regarding the Law Program, and networking to increase volunteer recruitment as needed for additional sites
o Organize volunteer facilitator interviews including providing packets/paperwork to Law Program Site Manager and Law Program Manager prior to interview
o Process all volunteer clearances within 48 hours of volunteer interviews, which include updating Site Manager and Program Manager on clearances statuses.
o Plan, organize and coordinate logistics for volunteer trainings including: buying supplies, booking room, ordering food, etc.
o Attend and provide logistical support for all meetings and trainings that pertain to the Law Program including volunteer training, field trips and recognition ceremony
● Provide General Programmatic and Administrative Support
o Enter all Law Program team reimbursements into the budget tracking system and turn-in to accounting
o Provide rides to youth for field trips, activities, and events as needed
o Participate in involvement of Leadership Recruitment twice per year: scheduling interviews, coordinating volunteers, providing youth with rides and ordering food as needed
o Accurately enter all evaluation data into an excel spreadsheet and create presentable tables with the data
● ETO Database
o Generate attendance reports for Law Program Site Manager and Manager on a monthly basis.
o Process new youth referrals into database within 72 hours of receiving the referral.
o Process LRE volunteers paperwork and documents into database
o Facilitate at two law sites per semester.
o Facilitate at Juvenile Hall and Ranch facilities as needed
o Provide support at various sites with facilitation as needed
Other duties as needed and assigned.
Qualification and Competency Requirements
Positional Competencies – required for Coordinators
● Computer Skills: Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experienced with data-base systems. Experience with Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database is a plus.
● Strong Organizational Skills: Ability to juggle many projects and tasks with autonomy. Proven administrative skills and ability to manage programmatic organization, forecasting and implementation at a high level of professionalism.
● Strategic Thinking: Experience and proven ability to exercise independent judgment and discernment regarding important decisions that directly impact the success of the LRE program and FLY organization.
● Relationship Building: Ability to initiate, develop and maintain trusting relationships in a short period of time with youth, parents, those representing the juvenile justice system, other key external stakeholders, and FLY volunteers and staff. Possess the passion to energetically promote FLY’s mission/vision and Law Program components to attract, develop and retain youth and volunteer participation with FLY.
● Strong Communication Skills: Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with all youth and internal/external stakeholders, including timely and professional follow-through with phone calls and email correspondence; and the ability to effectively present information in a clear and concise manner to program staff and community partners.
● Time Management: Utilizes strategic time management to concentrate efforts on FLY priorities through efficient systems, processes and tools.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to our Careers link on our website, https://flyprogram.org/about/careers/.