Details: The hourly pay for this position ranges from $15 to $18, commensurate with experience
The National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum is the only national, multi-issue advocacy organization in the United States with the mission to build the collective power of AAPI women and girls to gain full agency over our lives, our families, and our communities.
This position is a full-time entry-level position for someone who is passionate about movement building and advocacy to build power for AAPI women and girls. The Development Associate will provide administrative support to the development work of NAPAWF out of the Atlanta office.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Systems & Sustainability, the Development Associate will be responsible for maintaining individual donor fundraising and development initiatives. Responsibilities of the Development Associate position span administrative duties from managing the CRM to training staff on processes to arranging fundraising events. The Development Associate works collaboratively with NAPAWF staff and stakeholders to maintain strong relationships and opportunities to ensure NAPAWF has the resources necessary to support the work.
Specifically, the Development Associate will have the following duties:
- Assist in management of all database activities, including creating forms and reports, training, and compliance around data quality to ensure proper input and useful output of data;
- Coordinate logistics and assist in planning for fundraising and other events;
- Process donations, acknowledgement letters, and other correspondence;
- Create and maintain guest lists and RSVP lists;
- Maintain master calendar of events and deliverables;
- Skillful customer service;
· Help carry out and track our member outreach and fundraising progress;
· Support NAPAWF’s list-building goals;
· Provide support in sending mailings and invitations;
· Generate reports;
· Coordinate production and preparation of organizational materials;
· Participate in bi-weekly core staff calls/ meetings;
· Maintain order and efficiency of the office;
· Other administrative duties as required.
We are seeking candidates with demonstrated success in maintaining detailed records, database management, and managing multiple competing demands under pressure. Candidates should have:
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience - development experience a plus
· Experience with basic office tools, like Microsoft and Google Suites
· Experience with database management (particularly Salsa or similar CRM database a plus!) and document retention
· Is extremely detail oriented, very organized and able to meet deadlines
· Is able to multi-task, handle a variety of responsibilities at once
· Is able to work independently
· Demonstrates initiative and problem-solving skills
· Is flexible and willing to shift priorities when circumstances require
· Has strong interpersonal and written communication skills as well as administrative skills
· Knowledge of or experience with working on gender and racial justice issues affecting AAPI communities, including reproductive, economic, and immigrant rights a plus
This position is based in an office setting.
Benefits include a 401k plan, and medical, dental, and vision insurance. Qualified dependents may also be covered. NAPAWF offers full-time employees 15 days of vacation in the first year, sick leave, flexible spending program options and personal/family leave.
Minimum Education Required