3701 Chestnut Street
International House Philadelphia (IHP) is seeking applications for the position of Conference Center and Events Manager. The Conference Center and Events Manager will report to the Director of Programs and Events, and will be responsible for managing all aspects of the conference center and internal and external programs and events at IHP from inception to completion, and maintaining the organization’s comprehensive event calendar.
· Logistics management and coordination for the conference center and all IHP programs and events
· Primary point of contact for scheduling and managing all IHP conference space and events, including residential, development, alumni, arts, and other House events.
· Responsible for overall business operations of events in IHP’s Conference Center and Theater, including inquiry response, sales, contracting, invoicing, and payment tracking
· Responsible for driving new sales and business opportunities, including external promotions of the conference center space, to maximize revenue and usage of IHP facilities
· Management of comprehensive event calendar for the organization in Altru
· Primary liaison for all event clients
· Manage event staff and vendors leading up to and on day of event
· Provide detailed event reports leading up to events and following completion
· Coordinate and schedule setup and breakdown of event space furniture and A/V equipment with facilities staff, security, front desk, and Technical Manager
· Responsible for overseeing upkeep and purchasing of Conference Center facilities and equipment
· In conjunction with the Technical Manager, maintain a list of trusted, high quality vendors
· Assist with the development of budgets and provide cost analysis
· Promote conference center facilities externally to drive new clients and business and maintain working knowledge of competitors offerings
· Assist in the development and execution of IHP programs, new and existing, working with the Director of Programs and Events, and other Staff as needed
· Oversee office organization and purchasing of supplies
· Some physical labor required
· Other duties as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and have a positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Able to establish productive relationships with people from a wide diverse background
- Solid understanding of budgeting and financial management
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of Windows programs, including Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Altru software program (Blackbaud) a plus.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some physical demands are required. This includes the ability to lift files, packages, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
IHP offers a competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package: group health, dental and vision insurance; flexible spending and transit accounts; short and long-term disability and group life insurance; 403(b) with matching contributions; Employee Assistance Program; voluntary benefits; as well as paid vacation, personal time, sick time and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
IHP is an equal opportunity employer. This position is classified as exempt based on the Fair Labor Standards Act. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should submit their resume and a letter of interest with salary requirements to Anna Wang, Human Resources Coordinator.