Marketing Manager- National (Oakland)
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation's college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
College Track seeks a strategic and creative Marketing Manager who is both compassionate and fearless about empowering students from underserved communities to graduate from college. The Marketing Manager is responsible for the successful planning and execution of marketing projects related to branding, digital marketing, development/fundraising, and to drive brand awareness, revenue, and engagement. This position will report to the Director of Marketing & Alumni Strategy.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Under the guidance of the Director of Marketing & Alumni Strategy, implement marketing strategies to build brand awareness, support program needs, fundraising efforts, and revenue goals.
- Ensure College Track's identity and branding is consistent across all mediums through effective messaging, knowledge sharing, and enforcement of branding standards.
- Oversee the creation and execution of marketing collateral, including fact sheets, brochures, programs, banners, and cards.
- Serve as marketing lead and project manager for national and regional events, supporting with event collateral and vendor selection.
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing & Alumni Strategy to develop and implement digital marketing strategies that drive user engagement and increase online fundraising.
- Measure, track, and optimize the effectiveness of online campaign performance.
- Manage and execute website updates, email campaigns, and incoming Marketing requests.
- Develop and manage relationships with external partners, including advertising agencies, graphic designers, photographers/videographers, and printers.
- Help provide creative direction for photo shoots and video filming.
- Manage effective and efficient distribution of national and regional marketing materials and maintain digital archives of marketing assets.
- Support the tracking of Marketing team budgeting and expenses.
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Marketing Manager must embrace College Track's mission to create a more just and equitable world, where every student has the opportunity to achieve a life of choice and opportunity. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum five years experience in marketing, ideally from a non-profit, education institution, campaign or social enterprise.
- Excellent project management skills, including proactive and independent development of work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Digital marketing experience, particularly with email campaigns, direct mail, social media, and events.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- SEO and PPC technology expertise preferred.
- Strong eye for design and ability to convey direction to graphic designers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Working knowledge of print production scheduling and the ability to shepherd print publications from concept to delivery.
- Experience identifying and directing internal and external creative resources
- Strong decision making capabilities with the ability to prioritize incoming requests and projects
- Strong interpersonal and process management skills; ability to set appropriate priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback to peers/staff.
- Demonstrated creative vision, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Budget management experience and aptitude
- Flexibility and adaptability; a true team player
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization's compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required