425 Lafayette Street
The Public Theater is seeking a Manager of Institutional Partnerships who will report to the Director of Institutional Partnerships and is responsible for the generation and growth of varied revenue through cultivating, building, and maintaining high quality relationships and innovative partnerships with institutional partners, including corporations and organizations.
· Work closely with the Director of Institutional Partnerships to develop the Public’s institutional giving strategy, and continually prospect for new institutional relationships that will benefit the organization.
· Actively develop and steward the Public’s institutional giving relationships (both personally and between funders and key organizational personnel); communicate regularly with funders about the Public’s activities and achievements; organize site visits.
· Manage institutional funder correspondence and contracts and oversee proper funding credits across department materials.
· Help execute the day-to-day institutional giving portfolio, including the annual calendar of institutional giving deadlines, notifications, and reports; work with Institutional Partnerships team to prepare applications, letters of inquiry, grant reports and other documentation as required; facilitate opportunities to share programs, productions and relevant activities with funders.
· Proactively cultivate and foster ongoing discussions with funders to anticipate and respond to emerging trends, policies and best practices in the field.
· Oversee the maintenance of central files on all institutional funders.
· Work closely with Finance and the Institutional Partnerships team to create appropriate project budgets for grant proposals.
· Partner with the marketing and graphics team on communication plans and to ensure that institutional donors are appropriately recognized in accordance with contractual funding agreements.
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years’ experience working with funding entities, developing grant applications, or evaluating grant applications and excellent management skills, the ability to interact with staff at all levels, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Must be exceedingly well organized and flexible. Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of theater and the arts in NYC a plus.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required