3002 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking an energetic Softball Coach to join the Middle School Team!
This is an ideal position for someone who is excited about the charter movement and would like the flexibility of working on a temporary/part-time basis.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy a temporary/seasonal position, while working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
About the Role:
Reporting to the Youth Development and School Culture Department Head, the Softball Coach will help keep the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community.
As a Softball Coach you will be responsible for:
- Maintain clear communication with families and school Athletic Coordinator about the season details, practice times and locations and respond to any questions or concerns in a timely, professional manner
- Organize and lead after-school or morning practices that are both stimulating and instructive; teach basic fundamental skills of the sport; prepare daily practice activities and keep student records on file; emphasize and promote good sportsmanship
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of the team involving coordination of facility use in conjunction with building athletic coordinator; follow school procedures for handling and documenting injuries
- Maintain effective system for equipment and uniform inventory: assure the systematic return, documentation cleaning, storage, safety of all equipment and uniforms
- Plan, develop and implement an effective program for the particular sport to prepare athletes both physically and mentally to participate in athletic contests; administer discipline when necessary in a fair and consistent manner; emphasize safety precautions (including upholding academic eligibility for games); inform participants prior to season about the district’s policies and regulations and extracurricular activity contract
**The critical features of this role are described above but not all encompassing.
For more information about the IB program please visit:BPCS-IB Program
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- Experience with the IB Middle Years Program (MYP) and/or Diploma Program (DP) is a plus.
- 1-2 years coaching athletic teams, specifically softball
About the Benefits:
- Hourly rate is commensurate on experience
- 401(k) with employer match
To Join our Team:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying.
Applications are reviewed as they are received. Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we will only notify those who meet our selection criteria.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required